1976 Ford Courier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z71Brother

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Simple as that, 76’ Courier I bought for $400 bucks. Ended up being the steal of the year for me.

I am the 2nd owner, it has 34,000 original miles. It also had all the paperwork from the dealership in the glovebox along with the original manual that looked to be never even opened, along with a bunch of things that make it just too mint.

All the bells and whistles work, like it was parked yesterday. It’s been sitting for 15+ years.
You must be registered for see images attach

She’s not perfect, but she will be. If y’all wanna see more, I’ll be sure too keep this thread updated. Seems there isn’t a forum for Courier guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Z71Brother

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those are cool little trucks!! I had a Datsun back in the day that was very similar. Why did they park it?

I’ve enjoyed it so far, will be good little gopher truck for running into town for farm stuff and picking up feed. With how clean the paint is maybe a couple car shows[emoji2371] I’ll put a hitch on my Chevelle and tow a trailer with it on it.

Not entirely sure, my guess it death lol. Last registration was 1987 and the fella that owned it died in 1987, I’d assume no one else cared about it.

Z71Brother

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Doesn't that truck have a Mazda engine and carburetor with the glass float bowl? We had one on the ranch in the early 80s, it was a POS.

Yeah! Weirdest little thing, but it’s cool I’ll post pics. It is a Mazda drivetrain, only reason it will probably work right. Ain’t enough Ford to keep it broke!

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The whole truck is a Mazda, I believe. My first vehicle was the Chevy version...... Isuzu built "Chevy" LUV.
Yeah it was a Mazda. Funny, when I met my wife in Kodiak AK she had a Chevy LUV truck, IIRC a 74? We drove over 6000 miles in it with a home made spruce rough cut camper shell on it throughout Alaska and then down the ALCAN highway to Oregon for her brother's wedding. It was gutless too. The most we could get in a day was 400 miles but, this was on frost heave gravel roads, LMAO. FYI, I'm thinking the Dodge D50 diesel pickups in the 80's were Isuzu too?
I may be wrong on that,:Caffeine:

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The whole truck is a Mazda, I believe. My first vehicle was the Chevy version...... Isuzu built "Chevy" LUV.
And Mitsubishi made the Dodge D50

The big 3 got caught flat footed by the popularity of small trucks, they had no answer for Toyota and Nissan, so they badge engineered em.