1975 Dodge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I'm not sure that all multipiece rims are dangerous. You might want to look closely at what you have, and check online, maybe on a board/forum that deals with them a lot. I've never owned any of them, but it seems to me that it was one particular design that is dangerous and most people assume it's all of them and/or can't tell the difference.

97C1500TJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not sure that all multipiece rims are dangerous. You might want to look closely at what you have, and check online, maybe on a board/forum that deals with them a lot. I've never owned any of them, but it seems to me that it was one particular design that is dangerous and most people assume it's all of them and/or can't tell the difference.
That’s what I had thought but everyone tells me they’re all dangerous. Mine are the same style the military used on their trucks for years and years.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Swing by your local tire shop. I would think they'd know.
My only experience was back in the 60's I'd see them on Semis.
By the time I started driving in 77 they were pretty rare.

I would suggest a shop that does mostly commercial business......someplace like Discount wont touch anything out of mainstream.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just go to a shop that has the safety cage out back, they'll be able to tell you. IMO they're only dangerous when seating the bead, that's why you need the safety cage, LOL.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
If they are in good shape they are fine but if you see any cracks or marks from somebody beating them with a hammer they are dangerous.

if the tire tread is good and hold air, I would run them until it needs new tires and replace them with standard rims.