1967 Dodge D100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finally fixed my oil pressure gauge on the Holley display. I had to update the firmware to the latest version which has support for LS oil pressure sensors in it, but I also had to replace the sensor because it was apparently shorted internally. I will say replacing the sensor was much easier than on any other LS vehicle I have owned. It's nice to not have to squeeze under the cowl and do it by feel.

50 psi at cold startup which is about what I expect with running Rotella T6 5w-40 diesel oil.

I also bought a generic horn while I was at the parts store, and it actually works. I pretty much have everything I need to be "legal" except reverse lights. Someone removed them at some point, and I am having a hard time finding replacements. I have some small LED light bars from my old Jeep, I'm kinda thinking about mounting to them bumper when I finally get around to putting that back on.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I finally fixed my oil pressure gauge on the Holley display. I had to update the firmware to the latest version which has support for LS oil pressure sensors in it, but I also had to replace the sensor because it was apparently shorted internally. I will say replacing the sensor was much easier than on any other LS vehicle I have owned. It's nice to not have to squeeze under the cowl and do it by feel.

50 psi at cold startup which is about what I expect with running Rotella T6 5w-40 diesel oil.

I also bought a generic horn while I was at the parts store, and it actually works. I pretty much have everything I need to be "legal" except reverse lights. Someone removed them at some point, and I am having a hard time finding replacements. I have some small LED light bars from my old Jeep, I'm kinda thinking about mounting to them bumper when I finally get around to putting that back on.
I dont believe working reverse lights are a requirement to be road legal in Texas.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont believe working reverse lights are a requirement to be road legal in Texas.

Could be. It's registered as an antique with no inspection required, so as far as I can tell it's pretty much anything goes. I would still like some in case I am ever backing up at night though. Thinking about headlights and/or driving lights too.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back when Oklahoma still had inspections, reverse lights weren't necessary, but you had to check to make sure they didn't come on in any other gear.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like the look of these trucks as long as they dont have the quad headlights. My preferred grille is the 70-71 with the cross hair grille. Cant beat a ratty looking step side with all the goods under the hood though. Whenever I see the pix of the factory gage bezel on yours, I keep wanting to remove that gage bezel, sandblast it, epoxy prime it and sand out the pits, and repaint it. Maybe wrinkle black and install chrome mounting screws. I just cant help it. I'd love to see that thing scuffed down and in hot rod black Suede primer with pin stripes, and some Mr Horsepower or mooneyes stickers on it. I think sinking some digital gages into the ratty OEM bezel would be really cool too.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some people at car shows will get all upset seeing a GM LS engine in a cool old dodge truck. I feel differently. This truck was saved, and was made into something cool and useable. If later on a late model Hemi or other engine is desired, a cutting torch, and welder , along with some fabrication skills, and it can be easily changed. I'm glad to see what a lot of people regard as an ugly body style getting some love. I have seen turbo supra engines in older american muscle cars. People get upset. I dont. Car is still saved from being scrap.

Last edited: