1967 Dodge D100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And so here I am where I would have been a week ago if I had just axle flipped it. I have stuff loose for now because I may need to adjust it. I ate at least couple of mouthfuls of dirt doing this, blech. That area under the truck was relatively clean before I started.

You must be registered for see images attach

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So here I am with my housing all cleaned up. I knocked out the studs so I could remove the gasket with a wire wheel because it had almost become a part of the flange.

All ready to drop the new chunk in.

Ruh-roh raggy. The ring gear is too tall to fit. It almost fits if I turn it a bit, but then I can't turn it back to where it needs to be. The internet would tell you all 8 3/4 chunks are interchangeable, which technically they are, but I need to grind away some of the flange to get it to drop in.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crappy dark pic. I'm happy with the height. I think I need to scooch the axle back some now. I could drill a new hole in the spring perch to move it back an inch.

It's funny, it looks so tiny compared to the OBS.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Crappy dark pic. I'm happy with the height. I think I need to scooch the axle back some now. I could drill a new hole in the spring perch to move it back an inch.

It's funny, it looks so tiny compared to the OBS.

Hendrix GMC, my cousin had one of their retired shop trucks for several years. He ended up passing it to his parents (his dad was still doing HVAC work then, in the area around Bastrop and Lockhart) and they had it for a good while. Then he got it back, and a friend of his daughter (who was temporarily living with them) stole it and wrecked it. IIRC it was a WT 91-93 with a 350, single cab long bed. Summer of 2005, that truck(and my aunt) got me to and from Antone's, for the 30th anniversary shows, while I was staying with my aunt and uncle in Cedar Creek that July (I would go to several of the anniversary shows every year, seeing old friends and making new friends; many of the musicians I saw are gone now).

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We might have crossed paths a time or two. I've been to the old Antone's a couple of times in college and a couple of times after it moved. My wife has been to the new one a lot, she used to be very into the Austin music scene. We had a 90's flashback the other night when we sent to see the Archangels. It's so funny seeing this sea of grey hair jamming out. haha.

That truck lived its whole life in Georgetown until I pieced it out. It lives on in both of our project trucks.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welp, took the axle out, drilled new holes in the perches for the spring pins, hooked everything back together and drove it. The 2.76 gears are freaking perfect. First is useable now and when you open the throttle you can keep it in gear longer.

I need to lower the front now a little bit, got that lean going on.