1967 Dodge D100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
B-12 from AutoZone but it's a degreaser that works well simple green works good from what I hear and alot of elbow grease have you tried oven cleaner ?

I don't want to use anything that I have to rinse with water. I did this out of order. I should have cleaned and painted first, and then tore it down, but I am stuck with it now.

I think I'm going to concentrate more on the parts you can actually see. I don't really care if the paint on the oil pan has specs that came off. The block is mostly black already, LOL.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man, this is what I need! I wonder if you can rent one of these ...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
This general contractor restoration company I used to work for tried a machine that used dry ice for fire damaged. I never saw the demo, but they said it was not practical for doing large areas such as walls and ceilings.

I think the machine was around $30k. I can't remember what they said about getting the dry ice to use it. This was like in 2012.

Maybe you can ask for a demo to try it out!:D

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife gets dry ice from somewhere local for her science demos (she's a science teacher). I wonder if I could make one of these with some dry ice crushed up with a hammer and a Horrible Freight mini blaster. LOL.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They say 98% of a getting a good paint job is the prep ... so this probably won't be good, but it looks good going on. I was just going to paint the oil pan at first, but once I got going I finished the can. I need to get some razorblades so I can do the outline of the intake and exhaust ports, although I expect the exhaust side to burn off eventually. Will probably blast another can on tonight.

This is duplicolor ceramic engine paint, low-gloss. Supposed to be a GM and Chrysler color, so I was like ... perfect.

You must be registered for see images attach

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the harmonic balancer and clutch on. Then bolted up the trans. You lose 2 bolts going to the LS. One on the bottom and the passenger side under the head.

I manhandled the trans onto the block and now I'm hoping I didn't goober up the clutch disc. I blame the heat for my bad decisions.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Got the harmonic balancer and clutch on. Then bolted up the trans. You lose 2 bolts going to the LS. One on the bottom and the passenger side under the head.

I manhandled the trans onto the block and now I'm hoping I didn't goober up the clutch disc. I blame the heat for my bad decisions.

Are you going to leave the original style "dog toy" shifter on it,or change that out?