1967 Dodge D100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OxDEADBEEF I think the factory gage panel left ratty and dirty, but with dakota digital gages lit up under the glass would be really cool. I'm partial to blue, but they have them in several colors. The fuel gage could probably be programmed easily for your GM sender unit. BTW I love the 67 Texas tags. I have a set of 67 texas tags for my 67 cuda.

I haven't decided what to do with the gauges yet. The temp gauge used to work so I could stick a sender in the cooling system somewhere for it and then I would only be missing the speedo and oil light (which is about useless). I think it would be cool to find some kind of GPS signal to spinny thing for the speedo.

I was thinking about getting the Holley digital dash for a while, it has GPS for the speedo, or you can do the VSS if you have the T-X Max (I don't).

Really am not planning on doing much to the interior in general. I love the "I'm going to need a tetanus shot" look. I did get some sound deadening/heat reflective stuff to apply to make it bearable on longer trips. I think I'm going to put it under the cab though, so you can't see it. I put part of an old bed mat in the floorboard and it made a huge difference to my ears and feet.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey I look at it this way, your truck took 55 years to get that coveted look that others pay lots of money to fake with an air brush and dirt. Yours is aged like a fine wine. The faked patina jobs are more like Walmart box wine.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey I look at it this way, your truck took 55 years to get that coveted look that others pay lots of money to fake with an air brush and dirt. Yours is aged like a fine wine. The faked patina jobs are more like Walmart box wine.

So at the show this weekend, this C10 drives up and my wife was like, see his paint is faded but it looks shiny and pretty still. I had to explain to her what fake patina was.

This truck is one of kind.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So at the show this weekend, this C10 drives up and my wife was like, see his paint is faded but it looks shiny and pretty still. I had to explain to her what fake patina was.

This truck is one of kind.
Yeah I never understood why people buy tattered, hole ridden clothing either, don’t look right.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I never understood why people buy tattered, hole ridden clothing either, don’t look right.
My one daughter pays good money for blue jeans with the knees blown out. I asked her if the ones without holes are cheaper. She said yes. I told her buy a pair of those, I can do the holes for free. Then I used a scotchbrite roloc on a rotary die grinder to wear the knees out, and told her to run them thru the wash. She was so happy with her new jeans with holes I made in them that make her look like a bum SMH.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I don't like it when my jeans rip in the knees. When it first starts, it's fine, but eventually when I bend my leg the jeans will grip the wrong spot and really rip. More recently my jeens have been ripping in the crotch.... I guess I sit roughly???

I typically see very nice looking women wearing them, so I'm not going to complain.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welp, I just ordered a "GPS signal to spinny thing" from speedhut. More than I wanted to pay, but way cheaper than a digital dash from Holley. I don't think anyone is going to break into my truck to steal my ratty old gauges, but that Holley dash would be a magnet for thieves when I'm out on trips.

I might as well get the temp gauge to work now. I know on my son's truck we got a 3 prong temp sender and one of the prongs is for the dash and the other is for the ECM, so I may do that again or I may just get the correct sender for this truck and plumb it in somewhere.

I need to set up some power outlets to charge my phone and run my dash cam. Dash cam is to film event runs.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took it to the scrapyard (not to scrap it, LOL). A few of the workers and I talked for a while about my truck. After subtracting my weight Dodgey is 3550 lbs with almost a full tank of gas (20 gallons). I thought it might be closer to 3200 but it don't really matter.

Probably about a 25 mile round trip today with a mix of highway and city, stopped at Horrible Freight and bought a new pressure washer. Truck did great.

Learned some things:
I need to adjust the shocks. It's pretty floaty.
Grooves in the pavement will take the truck everywhichway.
The oil pan will hit on big speed bumps. Didn't bust it thankfully. Was going slow, kind of bounced on it. Stiffening the shocks might cure it.
Guy in a Porsche Carrera 4S tried to race me. I knew I had no chance, but romped on it a little. No traction. Clutch pedal stuck to the floor on the 1-2, need to thread the rod back out some.
After some romping on it I'm seeing oil pressure in the low 30's at idle with hot temps. Still acceptable.
You have to really be careful with lugging it, even though it's not making boost technically, you can see the MAP is a good bit above what it would be NA.
Did I mention no traction? LOL. The 5.3 makes plenty of power down low to spin the tires with ease. You have to gently roll into it, but then it starts making boost and there's no traction again.

Anyway, I love this truck. Huge smile every time I drive.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took it to the scrapyard (not to scrap it, LOL). A few of the workers and I talked for a while about my truck. After subtracting my weight Dodgey is 3550 lbs with almost a full tank of gas (20 gallons). I thought it might be closer to 3200 but it don't really matter.

Probably about a 25 mile round trip today with a mix of highway and city, stopped at Horrible Freight and bought a new pressure washer. Truck did great.

Learned some things:
I need to adjust the shocks. It's pretty floaty.
Grooves in the pavement will take the truck everywhichway.
The oil pan will hit on big speed bumps. Didn't bust it thankfully. Was going slow, kind of bounced on it. Stiffening the shocks might cure it.
Guy in a Porsche Carrera 4S tried to race me. I knew I had no chance, but romped on it a little. No traction. Clutch pedal stuck to the floor on the 1-2, need to thread the rod back out some.
After some romping on it I'm seeing oil pressure in the low 30's at idle with hot temps. Still acceptable.
You have to really be careful with lugging it, even though it's not making boost technically, you can see the MAP is a good bit above what it would be NA.
Did I mention no traction? LOL. The 5.3 makes plenty of power down low to spin the tires with ease. You have to gently roll into it, but then it starts making boost and there's no traction again.

Anyway, I love this truck. Huge smile every time I drive.
"Huge smile every time I drive" That right there is all that matters, the rest is a bonus.