1967 Dodge D100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ordered a 3" stainless exhaust builder kit from Summit for my cold side. It's all mandrel bent and every pipe has one expanded side for a slip fit. I figure I can MIG weld the slip fit without burning all the way through and getting "sugar" on the inner pipe. I'll paint it black to prevent the weld from rusting.

Costs a bit more than aluminum but I don't have to pay someone to weld it for me and I should have enough leftover to build an exhaust system. I ordered a "race" muffler too, basically a glass pack. It'll connect with a V-band to the downpipe so I can remove it for extra fun.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I like how he did this. I think I'm going to do something like this but place the fuel cell to the passenger side to offset my fat butt and make it easier to fill.

You could make it lockable and keep some tools in there.

You must be registered for see images attach

The box kinda looks like it was made by a company that makes server racks. I like the venting out the back.... probably wouldn't be great for tools that way, Though.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Started bolting up the QA1 crossmember, but I had to stop because per the directions there is too large of a gap between the bottom of the frame rail and crossmember. The frame is anything but flat and even there so you just get a few points of contact. They say to use shims, but they don't include any. I'll just get some flat stock the next time I'm at the hardware store. Probably tack them on too so they can't fall out.

I'm happy that there is no interference with the truck oil pan and the crossmember is lower than the pan so it should protect it. Honestly, I should have waited to get the crossmember in to set the motor position because that would have been super frustrating if I had to back and move it now.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's like Dodge intentionally left this big ol' space for an intercooler. I test fit the radiator and it bolts up no problem. I guess they left space for a trans cooler and aftermarket AC cooler? Nice of them.

I have to get a hole saw to make access for the pipes to go through, and also make a mount to keep the intercooler secured. Probably just weld in a length of angle iron and drill 2 bolt holes.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting on my Hi Ram intake manifold to finish this, but it looks pretty damned close from eyeballing it.

So far there are only 2 welds in the tubes and neither is a butt weld, which is good for me. It's 18 gauge, so not terribly thick, but lap welding shouldn't be a problem. I think I could probably just get exhaust clamps and slather the ends with RTV and not weld it at all.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got my intake on and mocked up some more. I had to trim the battery tray a little to get the angle right. Might have to remove it as it's still a touch off.

This was my first time welding stainless steel. I used Blue Demon flux core 312 stainless wire. It did alright, but it's too thick (.035) for this job. Lap welding was fine, but you could see it just melting away the edge of the outside pipe on contact. It would have been really no fun to butt weld it. I was smart this time and practiced on some cut off pieces for a while, but I'm still not a welder.

Not sure what I am going to do for a fan yet. I can lower the rad a couple inches to make more room, but I'm probably going to be stuck with a medium-ish sized electric fan.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this is the first thing I have bought from ICT that I don't like. It may work fine, but it looks like ass. I tried every way I could think of to make it not look like ass, but there's really only 2 ways that everything can actually connect.