1967 Dodge D100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
Dirt dobber nest in the bowl.
My shop is one step below infested with those guys. I sprayed them earlier this year and I'm getting ready to break out some of the big guns (literally) at it. I hate them so much, they buzz around with their legs hanging around, they don't do nothing good to me, they sting everyone, they nested in my grill 3 times, the list goes on.

Anyway, I'm liking where this build is going. I don't know if it's easy to show it with a thumbs up reaction.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny thing about that nest is when I first peaked into the intake runners a month ago or whatever, I didn't see it. I think when I was welding on the broken off bolt it got hot enough to make if fall down. So, I guess I got lucky that I had a broken bolt.

I tried to get it out in one piece, but it was impossible. I broke it up with a screwdriver and blew out the chunks with my air hose. There was mummified larvae (pupae? I forget) in there.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a 360/5.9 Magnum in my Grand Cherokee. I wouldn't have turned down a free one, but it's too late now.

I'm not losing any sleep over what people think/say about it. I'll just keep the hood closed. ;)
I was watching one of those Uncle Tonys Garage on YT and he said he envied the LS (points to an LS block siting there on the corner)...he said the closest the Mopar guys have is the Magnum...(not sure why he didn't mentioned the Hemi?) Anyways, the video was about something else and just casually mentioned that.

I'd say as long as you keep the old Dodge going, you are okay. Them horses don't care what the engine casting they came out of. ;)

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was watching one of those Uncle Tonys Garage on YT and he said he envied the LS (points to an LS block siting there on the corner)...he said the closest the Mopar guys have is the Magnum...(not sure why he didn't mentioned the Hemi?) Anyways, the video was about something else and just casually mentioned that.

I'd say as long as you keep the old Dodge going, you are okay. Them horses don't care what the engine casting they came out of. ;)

If it's not the original engine, what difference does it really make? It's just brand loyalty, which is dumb, IMO.

2drXmobb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Na I just think ls swaps been over done I think it be cool do build an old mopar, don't get me wrong the ls would be a better swap for reliability and power. But those old engines sound good and the smell of gasoline and rumble from old engines is nostalgic.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, prepping the engine for rattle can hi-temp black. 4 cans of brake clean and scrubbing with a wire brush and still not done yet. I am questioning if it's even possible to get all the gunk off without using some form of amphetamines.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you have a pressure washer? The 5.3 I dropped into my 99 was pretty grime-y. I just removed the harness and accessories and sprayed purple cleaner, a bit of scrubbing with a brush and pressure washed it. I think it took 2 applications, but cleaned up nicely. I just changed the oil pan gasket and oil pick up tube o-ring and dropped it right in. I've got almost 4k on it now since the swap. :D

I like it!

Attachments

• IMG_20201016_184714533.jpg
    IMG_20201016_184714533.jpg
    535.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20201122_121515655_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20201122_121515655_HDR.jpg
    445.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20201122_155053070.jpg
    IMG_20201122_155053070.jpg
    619.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20201212_164039353.jpg
    IMG_20201212_164039353.jpg
    513.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have a pressure washer? The 5.3 I dropped into my 99 was pretty grime-y. I just removed the harness and accessories and sprayed purple cleaner, a bit of scrubbing with a brush and pressure washed it. I think it took 2 applications, but cleaned up nicely. I just changed the oil pan gasket and oil pick up tube o-ring and dropped it right in. I've got almost 4k on it now since the swap. :D

I have a crappy one that doesn't get to full pressure most of the time, but I'm afraid of getting water in it. That reminds me, I don't have a dipstick yet.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, prepping the engine for rattle can hi-temp black. 4 cans of brake clean and scrubbing with a wire brush and still not done yet. I am questioning if it's even possible to get all the gunk off without using some form of amphetamines.
Clean the brake clean residue off and use a torch to clean the block. I found out about this after I'd already wiped my block with acetone and painted it.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

2drXmobb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
B-12 from AutoZone but it's a degreaser that works well simple green works good from what I hear and alot of elbow grease have you tried oven cleaner ?