1958 Bel-Air BARN FIND

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
How many years was it in the barn? How many miles does it have, or did you already post that?

Also, I'd love to see more pics of your garage layout and also that other garage in the background in some of your pics.

John Moore

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How many years was it in the barn? How many miles does it have, or did you already post that?

Also, I'd love to see more pics of your garage layout and also that other garage in the background in some of your pics.

It sat for around 5 years here in N.C. I believe....before that, it was in California sitting for I don’t know how long. The odemeter says 80k, it doesn’t seem like that much on it though...but I suppose it’s been taken care of. It drives wonderfully, nothing is worn out, etc.

My garage is nothing special, it used to be the area we stored the lawn and garden stuff in...but I cleaned it out so I could have a place to work on my cars. It’s big enough to keep the Bel-air and Corvette in...so that makes me happy with it. The garage you see in the background is on my grandmother’s house... it’s just a bunch of random stuff in there along with my dad’s ‘73 f250.

My garage is a mess right now, so overlook that... I spent most of the day pulling parts off of one of my z71 Tahoes for a forum member.

You must be registered for see images attach

lessersivad

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW! I don't know if THIS forum allows it or has used it before but John Moore (and this is meant in kindness), YOU SUCK!!

Very nice '58. Glad you saved it from being a donor.

Bu327

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
VERY nice car, I just picked up a survivor 68 Bel Air, will start own thread so I don’t hijack this one.

John Moore

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
WOW! I don't know if THIS forum allows it or has used it before but John Moore (and this is meant in kindness), YOU SUCK!!

Very nice '58. Glad you saved it from being a donor.

...There was NO way I could've willingly let this car be cut up... It literally took 15 minutes after I got it home to replace the points and add brake fluid, PS fluid, primed the Carb and it fired right up then I drove it around. It would've been a great donor...but not anymore!

lessersivad

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
...There was NO way I could've willingly let this car be cut up... It literally took 15 minutes after I got it home to replace the points and add brake fluid, PS fluid, primed the Carb and it fired right up then I drove it around. It would've been a great donor...but not anymore!

You did the right thing (IMHO). I personally don't understand what prompts people to even THINK about cutting up a solid vehicle. It isn't like they are made any more.

John Moore

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You did the right thing (IMHO). I personally don't understand what prompts people to even THINK about cutting up a solid vehicle. It isn't like they are made any more.

I agree...in this case it was about money. The '58 convertible that would've been restored using this car, is far more valuable...So i understand the reasoning behind it, but it's not something i could do...

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
Finding this '58 Bel Air was completely unintentional..My dad and I went to see a guy about a Chevrolet 409 engine...And left with the '58 and also a 1978 Big 10 454 all original and in incredible shape. The Bel-Air came from California to NC and sat for years until we fortunately stumbled across it. The guy we bought it from was going to cut it up in order to restore a '58 Convertible. Luckily we didn't let that happen and I've been enjoying it ever since!

The 58 is nice, but I want to see the Big10