1956 case 311 tractor.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
Well, I finally got a tractor! the price was right.... FREE! hell it was even delivered.

it apparently has ran in recent years and turns over very well. its Gas. it is missing some parts like the entire exhaust, the manifold has a snapped off flange so it should get a new one of those which are surprisingly available at $300. (not bad for a free tractor) but I may try something else first like welding a nut on. it needs all the breather plumbing found or made. It is unique and has a spot where the pipes go. obviously someone harvested it for another tractor.

Um it was a 6 volt positive grounded system. someone has changed it to a 12V positive grounded system which I find absolutely crazy. but hey whatever. I understand that if this is not done correctly then the gauges wont work and they might be helpful. but the gauges look like they are garbage anyways. a fuel gauge would be nice but It would be the first tractor I drove with one if it did. no big deal I can use a stick. lol. I found a used dash in good shape on ebay a long with some other parts.

the 3pt hitch lever has been broken off. it has been a bit hard to find. I found some off of a 400 and they appear to be the same. I dont know. they are also in the US and it doesn't look like they will ship to Canada.

I know of a few antique tractor yards around here and I will have to get in touch with them.

the beast is 65 year old! crazy. there is a lot of potential and Im pretty excited! oh yeah it also needs a front grill! I will probably have to make something.

I bought all the manuals last night.... thinking I got a great deal on the original literature... only to find out after I paid that it was PDF downloads! Grrr.... oh well.... I was able to start figuring shìt out immediately instead of waiting. I'll have to get these printed off eventually but it's like 500 pages! I think I know a guy... hell if anyone needs those I can send them to ya!

You must be registered for see images attach
and here's one fully restored... I will not be doing this as I'm all about function.

Man I'm guna have to join a tractor forum! there was a lot of implements available for these but most anything can be connected to it, maybe with small adaptions. I need a snow blade and maybe a small plow.

It's also missing fenders! gotta have fenders! its obvious that someone took what they needed for another tractor.... bástárds! but hey, it's a free tractor!

Last edited:

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's awesome that it still cranks. We have an old International that my wife's grandpa had for harvesting rice & soybeans. It doesn't run anymore, and it's pushed against the tree line as a yard ornament. I'll post a pic of it when I get home.

F4U-1A

Early spring 24
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Green Acres is the place for me.
broken lever... as I suspected it is aluminum. the ones I saw on ebay are steel but I dont know if they are the same or not probably functionally the same.
Green Acres is the place for me.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Two big 4000 series John Deere's work full time in Almond orchards. And one ooooooolllllddddd Ford 8N that i can drag around for light duty things. I really need to take it of service and restore it but it runs so well and reliable.