1950 F-2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seanb98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If there is any interest, I'll add more. I have a lot of projects, but this one is probably what I would consider the most interesting. There is a lot of family history on it, and has been a work in progress for nearly 30 years.

So here is a few teaser photos, and if anybody is actually interested I'll add more information and more pictures!

Here is where it sat last year, neglected, and junk piled around it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Fast forward to now, 2 weeks ago I cleared everything off of it, removed the sheet metal, and got started.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ditto! How about I raise you with one I built the engine in when I was 16 and I just reassembled after painting about 3 years ago? This belongs to a friend. It is a 49 F1 with the 8ba 100 hp engine. I love this truck!

seanb98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ditto! How about I raise you with one I built the engine in when I was 16 and I just reassembled after painting about 3 years ago? This belongs to a friend. It is a 49 F1 with the 8ba 100 hp engine. I love this truck!

Glad to see there is some interest in this sort of thing on here! I'll get up some more info and pictures when I get a chance.

That is a nice truck Skylark! I'm surprised I haven't noticed it around this area before. I'm not a real big fan of the color scheme on that one, but it sure makes it unique. If you built the engine in it, I may have some questions for you once I get back to the engine side of this one. My dad built it a long time ago, and I really don't know a whole lot about it. It hasn't ever been run yet. It is a mostly stock flathead with a few upgrades such as electronic distributor, headers, and a GM style alternator.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My friends that own it live in Rogue River. They only put 100-200 miles on it a year and mostly just driving to Wimer. Have you seen the 51-52 green F6 flat bed that runs around here occasionally? I love that sucker!

seanb98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My friends that own it live in Rogue River. They only put 100-200 miles on it a year and mostly just driving to Wimer. Have you seen the 51-52 green F6 flat bed that runs around here occasionally? I love that sucker!
I don't think that I have, and I'm usually watching for classic vehicles, or just about any vehicle type that remotely interests me. I'll have to keep on eye out for it on my rare trips off the farm and into town.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I spot it, it is usually out by the college. It is a nice forest green, about the color of your flatty.

seanb98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I spot it, it is usually out by the college. It is a nice forest green, about the color of your flatty.
I'll definitely keep an eye out for it. The engine and tranny color is actually left over paint from back when my dad painted a 1956 Oldsmobile Super 88 Holiday two tone white and green.

He sold that one a few years after he started tearing this truck apart. His first car was a 56 olds (not the same one he restored)... My mom's first vehicle was this truck.

seanb98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I had better add a little more info here before I head to bed tonight, since I hinted at the significant family history in my last post. Yes, this was the truck that my mom learned to drive on! My grandpa bought it and I'm not sure when, late 50's, early 60's. It had the slightly newer overhead valve 6 cylinder already swapped into it at the time, and was in it up until the teardown in preparation for this restoration. But my dad chose to go back to an original 8BA flathead V8 and sold the straight 6. My dad started the restoration on it in the early 90's, right around the time that I was born. It progressed in little bits and pieces until I was old enough to be a significant help, then we acquired a 1945 Ford pickup for free when I was 13 that was going to be my first vehicle and we decided to restore the two trucks together.

We made great progress despite my education, dad working, us doing boy scouts, and other family stuff that didn't pertain to the trucks. Throwing a monkey wrench in the gears here, my dad died of brain cancer when I was 17. I threw in the towel at that point, I had done side work since I was 14 and so I figured to get it out of my head and shoved the trucks off my list of priorities and just started working all the time. Sold the 45 shortly after since I didn't care anymore. (which I massively regret now), and the 50 just sat there.

Fast forward to now, Finally at a point in my life that I'm getting back to the 50. I'm going to fix it up the way my dad would have done it, to how my mom wants it done since it is ultimately her truck. I'm still working all the time, but it has kind of worked its way around to where I can work 80 hours or so a week and still dedicate a few hours at the end of the day to other projects.

Here's some pictures to break up the story...

Shortly after my mom and dad got married and he painted the truck the first time.

Me and my sister when it was finally torn down...