1500 vs 2500 spindles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Richard, you posted some photos of your customers' 2500LD somewhere...can't find that post. I helped my brother recently swap a 14 bolt 6 lug into his 90 1500 2wd RCSB. Everything went well. He did most of the work, I just helped here and there.

Anyways, he got the 2500 LD front spindles also from donor truck, which he said would bolt up according to his research. What we didn't know is if the 2500LD have an extra leaf spring block on the rear or not. I seem to recall the rear was higher than a 1500, no? Or was it the extra leaf on the rear pack? Looks like his truck was kept the same rear height after the swap, but didn't actually measured anything.

Did these (2500LD) trucks have an exaggerated rake? Somehow I thought maybe the front spindles raised the front a bit to keep the factory rake? But that does not seem to be the case.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 2500LD does have an extra leaf in the pack vs. a regular 1500 (non-RPO F44)

Here's stock stance on my '94 C2500LD the day I brought it home from the original owner. It's got aftermarket wheels and a few misc. small items but is otherwise stock, drivetrain/suspension, etc.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard