1500 Springs on a 3500 with bags

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With airbags though. OP even with bags aired up it won't be as stiff as the stock leaf pack, but you will get your static ride height back. You don't need to buy anything, just remove leaves from your existing pack.
Won't pulling a leaf lower the truck? Are you saying run the helpers aired up to get that back?

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not to be "that guy" but here goes.... if there was ever any kind of accident where you were hauling,towing etc. The cops and lawyers would eat you for breakfast lunch AND dinner!!!! You would have to be at or under a 1500's rating to have a hope in heck of coming out of court unscathed.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Not to be "that guy" but here goes.... if there was ever any kind of accident where you were hauling,towing etc. The cops and lawyers would eat you for breakfast lunch AND dinner!!!! You would have to be at or under a 1500's rating to have a hope in heck of coming out of court unscathed.
unless they were able to visibly see the difference with the leafs then yes but most cops/lawyers etc don't care enough to investigate that deep into an accident

Grimpala

Reaction score
I'm saying removing leaves will convert it to a 1500 pack, albeit with a beefier overload. The bags add back in height for load induced squat or whatever. They do add rate, but not like springs.
So which leaves come out to drop it to a 1500 pack? Is there a thread somewhere I could reference/search?

I could always add a short block to get back to static height without the bags, then use the bags only when loaded.

Grimpala

Reaction score
I bought the truck because i wanted a beefier frame, CCLB, big block and 8 lug wheels. I needed something with a little more power to pull a bigger boat. My 4.6L F150 was having trouble keeping up. It will never see max load, had a 96 CCSB C1500 in college and the biggest thing it ever pulled was our tractor with the disc on it. Even then it wasn't an issue.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
So which leaves come out to drop it to a 1500 pack? Is there a thread somewhere I could reference/search?

I could always add a short block to get back to static height without the bags, then use the bags only when loaded.

We'd need someone to post a pic of a 1500 leaf pack, but I know for sure the second longest main comes out. The 10# or so minimum you'll run in the bags may be enough by itself to restore your height. Also, do you have an upper overload spring?