1500 Pads and 2500 caliper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just put 1500 pads on 2500 calipers but the shiny pins on the pads that sits in the holes on the caliper doesn’t fit all the way. It still sits in there, just not flush, any reason, do I need 2500 pads? I read somewhere you could do it this way

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
What is the purpose of this? Why dont you just buy the correct parts?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
What is the purpose of this? Why dont you just buy the correct parts?

Because if he has 2500 calipers on a 1500 truck then 1500 pads are a better match IIRC. Both fit the caliper fine though, gotta wonder if the caliper isn't full of rust?

Ken K

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is what you used was the GVW 7200 GMT400 caliper with the 2 15/16" piston? This caliper is used until 2002 on the Express 2500 with a GVW of 7300. The rotor is the same except is had the ABS reluctor/ tone ring pressed in the back side.
I like the ACDelco 14D369CH brake pads the are a ceramic composite with new hardware and fit 88-98 GVW 7200 C1500 / G2500 and 01-02 Express GVW 7300.

98silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well the brakes have been on for a few days now and they do fine, still a little squishy, but definitely stop better. New brake booster is next. when I got to looking at my old calipers and pads, the pins were the same too. Shoulda looked before I asked.

Weird thing though; I got my truck aligned a week ago, steering was super tight, felt really good. Then I took my tires off and did the brakes. Now there’s more play in the steering. Truck also pulls to the left when I brake hard. It’s hard to tell but i think my drivers side alignment is good but I think the passenger side went out a little bit, it definitely wanders/pulls right when I let go of the steering wheel. Why would it go back?

98silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well the brakes have been on for a few days now and they do fine, still a little squishy, but definitely stop better. New brake booster is next. when I got to looking at my old calipers and pads, the pins were the same too. Shoulda looked before I asked.

Weird thing though; I got my truck aligned a week ago, steering was super tight, felt really good. Then I took my tires off and did the brakes. Now there’s more play in the steering. Truck also pulls to the left when I brake hard. It’s hard to tell but i think my drivers side alignment is good but I think the passenger side went out a little bit, it definitely wanders/pulls right when I let go of the steering wheel. Why would it go back?

Bump