"1500" on replacement door molding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94 Silverado

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those of you that have replaced the door molding - did you attach a 1500/whatever you truck is badge to the new piece? It seems only the factory piece has the provisions for mounting the badge. I debadged my truck years ago but now just want it to look factory. On a side note, if anyone has factory RCSB molding they want to sell I'm interested.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
From what I have seen, people usually just place it in the door body divot, like the W/T's did after they replaced the body molding with aftermarket stuff. You might be able to just cut the two tabs on the badge, then stick it on the body molding with 3M double stick tape.

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
When I did new molding on my '96 c1500, I just put the 1500 emblem on the door front above the molding like a 2000 silverado.

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
Never reattached mine. Looks like you could just cut the tabs and epoxy it on, mine looked too beat up. I think a newer style 1500 emblem above the molding would look good.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Donald Mitchell

1990 C1500 5.7L
Reaction score
I saved my old molding till I'm ready to install the new. Hope this helps.

94 Silverado

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for the measurements! I was thinking about creeping on somebody's truck in the walmart parking lot or something and measuring things. I really wish I wasn't dumb enough to have thrown mine away.

Donald Mitchell

1990 C1500 5.7L
Reaction score
I didn't get the right photo this one shows the measurement. 4 1/2" to the leading edge of the first hole and and 13 1/4 to the second.

94 Silverado

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys think it's better to buy new molding or try to floss some original off of a truck at a junk yard?