1500 and 2500Hd Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99caddymess

Reaction score
So I'm looking at a 1999 2500hd CCSB 4x4 truck. It's my dream truck and I've wanted one forever. I've only dabbled in light duty obs trucks until now. That being said, I have a 1998 yukon. It's got an old school 6" rcx lift and I replaced the entire front end (tie rods, upper control arms, lower control arms, wheel bearings, bushings). Needless to say I have a lot of money into this thing. Anyways, the motor spun a bearing the day after I did all this. My question is...... Is it possible to somehow swap over the lift and some of the components to this 2500hd. I really dont want to have to go through the trouble of buying all this stuff over again for the new truck. If it is possible that would be great. Thanks in advance.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I doubt it. Check compatibility with the lift manufacturer though. That's going to confirm.

The 1500 6 lug vs 2500/3500 8 lug suspension and frames are completely different. Frames, axles, control arms, torsion bars...all different stuff.

Last edited:

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nope. Just rebuild the motor or get another for the Yukon. I just bought a running driving Yukon for $800. Seller claimed bad trans, ended up being t-case stuck in neutral. Deals are out there. Dunno if gonna find a lift for the k2500/3500s anymore. I bought one, looked around n didn’t see much if anything….

99caddymess

Reaction score
Nope. Just rebuild the motor or get another for the Yukon. I just bought a running driving Yukon for $800. Seller claimed bad trans, ended up being t-case stuck in neutral. Deals are out there. Dunno if gonna find a lift for the k2500/3500s anymore. I bought one, looked around n didn’t see much if anything….
The bad thing is I already have a rebuilt motor. I just spent 5000+ on a brand new 383 with all the goodies, I just can't justify putting that nice of a motor in my garbage yukon.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, then what about you drop the 383 into K2500? Or what engine or condition is the engine of the K2500? Unfortunately, I think you made a bad purchase. It happens in life. Done it several times. You learn and become wiser.

Sell the 383? Probably at a loss? Not sure what your situation is. Doesn't sound like your 1500 is worth throwing money at it?

My personal rule of thumb is don't spend more on an engine to drop into a truck that's worth equal or less...:rolleyes:

Last edited: