14 Bolt 6 Lug SF Disc Brake Adapters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cunningham Machine

Preferred Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These disc brake brackets are for the 14 bolt with 6 lug SF. The way our setup works is we send you out the brackets (and hardware if you opt for it) and a parts list. Everything on our parts list is all super easy stuff to get from a local parts house or rockauto (rockauto always having the 5% discount code). Its all direct bolt on. Axle removal is sadly required. The 14 bolt does require a spacer between the bracket and the axle flange. The last time I priced the entire setup was around $475 total for NON parking brake. and around $575 WITH parking brake. The difference being the price in the calipers.

A few things about these setups to note. Some of the aftermarket axles seals are huge. They hang way over the axle. We have had a few that rub that and required trimming the excess seal down ( super easily done with a file or something similar). We have had a few issues with aftermarket lockers. Apparently some of them move the C-Clip location just ever so slightly and it makes everything a little tight and needs a little shimming. This has been few and far between though.

A big debate we often see is the actual extra stopping power added with these conversions. It is minimal. We had a customer that used to have a nice YouTube video on before and after. With no real good way to test it other than seeing how many feet shorter he stopped. It was around 20ft sooner, but we all know there are lots of variables that can go into that. The big advantage of the disc brake swap is the ease of working on them. We all know drums brakes can be a real PITA. Its also a visual thing. People (myself included) hate the way drums look so they would rather see a disc brake behind a nice aftermarket wheel. I have had these brackets on my person truck for roughly 10 years. They have taken a serious beating and never gave me any issue. I have trapped over 150 MPH in the 1/4 many many times and never failed to stop or felt unsafe ( and i have mustang II brakes up front with a heavy truck).

Links below are for the NON parking brake and PARKING brake brackets for the 14 bolt disc brake adapters.

Last edited:

kylenautique

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have these on my truck! The whole swap costed me around $350. I bought the spacers for $200, bought a complete 10 bolt rear end off a 03 Tahoe for $250... parking brake cables and all. Took all the brake components from it. Sold the axle for $150 and bought brake pads and the 14" parking brake cable. Took me a day to install. The system works AMAZING!!!

wiscomick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So it utilizes newer calipers? I'm trying to find a setup that uses a matching caliper to what's already up front.

Cunningham Machine

Preferred Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So it utilizes newer calipers? I'm trying to find a setup that uses a matching caliper to what's already up front.
these use 1990 K1500 front calipers if you dont want to retain parking brake