14-18 Rear Bumper Swap (No Welding)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stephen

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might do this swap after having no luck locating a used OEM bumper at the pick & pull. They were eithger rusted or bent/dented. I was looking at some after market new bumpers and found that the one for 1500 and 2500 are supposedly different from the one for 3500. Only one listing for a 3500 and it's on Amazon for $585. From outward appearance the bumper itself looks the same and maybe the brackets are different. Any suggestion as to the difference would be welcome. Also, since I will be modifying to fit my C3500 SRW I can get one on ebay for around $275 so will the bumper be the same length as the one you installed? I just got a response from the Ebay seller and the Length is 78" where as the oem is 72" no problem there but the height is about 11.02" versus about 7" for the OEM so I will but lowering the tow receiver but was planning on taking it of and having it blasted and powder coated si I will have some solid steel blocks fabbed up to drop the receiver rather than cut the bumper. Also I will paint the back of the new bumper with Rhino Liner.

Last edited: