14-18 Rear Bumper Swap (No Welding)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

24 Karat Brown

Completely Broke
Reaction score
Ive finally managed to pull off the swap without any welding. It is as sturdy as factory and looks as if it was meant to be.
You must be registered for see images attach

The bolt holes on the 14-18 bumper brackets line up to the holes cut in the frame. Youll need two long bolts and two spacers made from some strong tubing. The spacers are around 3" give or take. You will also need to cut a 1/4" thick (for strength) plate that will bolt into the hole in the frame and the nut welded onto the 14-18 brackets (That nut is used for a tow hitch on the 14-18 trucks)

24 Karat Brown

Completely Broke
Reaction score
The ONLY modification you will have to make is to cut the tab off the new bumpers bracket to make it flat for clearance. You can see where I made the cut to the right of the hardware.

(looking towards the back of the truck)

Aparke4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks great! Thx for pics and write up... how tall is the bumper top to bottom? I thinks its a little taller. I have a BL and would like to assist in hiding some of the gap of the hitch as well as gain bumper steps!

24 Karat Brown

Completely Broke
Reaction score
Looks great! Thx for pics and write up... how tall is the bumper top to bottom? I thinks its a little taller. I have a BL and would like to assist in hiding some of the gap of the hitch as well as gain bumper steps!
I couldnt tell you exact dimensions, but it is in fact taller. I prefer it because it hides the spare tire, axle, etc. It also gives the illusion that the truck is even lower

24 Karat Brown

Completely Broke
Reaction score
I really want to do this to my 98, they look great on these trucks. Great work!
Nothing is stopping you! other than the cost of finding one of these bumpers. And fabricating it to fit. And the $30 a pop license plate light sockets. It's not a beginner install, but I listed everything I did for anyone else who wants to!

24 Karat Brown

Completely Broke
Reaction score
Great job, looks clean. You'll get a lot of questions regarding the bumper when you're out. It's what I get asked the most about on my truck.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
You were the one that actually inspired me to do it! I still have the email of how you did yours, the only difference is you welded the part where I added the steel plate