13" NBS rear disc on 14 bolt SF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dfarr67

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Old thread- but very few out there on this swap. Tired of D52 calipers seizing so going for a newer gen on my 89 K1500- 10 bolt rear.
My 10 bolt has the old rectangular bolt pattern flange- not the usual square. I have steel spacer plates, I was thinking about just slotting the axle flange bolt holes to fit....but now I am thinking of welding the steel spacers in the nbs orientation which would put the caliper in GM's oe position. I'm reading some guys here have welded the spacers to the flange- how has it worked out?

dfarr67

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the NBS trucks people are robbing the rear disk setups off of (2004ish suburban, tahoe) what is the dimension from face of axle flange to face of backing plate mounting surface?

Eskimomann209

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone have the dimensions on the spacer?
I have the 60mm measurement
But does anyone have the bolt spacings/ bore size... and the axle tube bore?
I see some of these online had a step in the inner bore is that for a seal?
Please and thanks

Original picture /draft doesn’t work

davkenrem

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I purchased a spacer for a 14b ff and it fit my 14b sf. Now my 14b sf was from a 97 Z71. I have read the flanges on a GMT800/900 14b sf are/can be different, but I cant confirm this. I dont know which generation rear end you are using. I ended up asking the ebay seller who I bought mine from the dimensions on his spacer and when I compared them to my axle they matched. There inner diameter around the axle tube is larger for the 14ff axle tube but so much that it should cause a problem.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Mocked up with. 05 Z71 Suburban rear discs an backing plate.

This can be done with all factory parts, only thing not factory added is the spacer and long grade 8 bolts assuming you have a GMT400 14b sf. Find or buy everything from the flange out for a 2005 Z71 Suburban .

Last edited:

dfarr67

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe face od axle flange to face of tube flange is 73mm my spacer ended up 10mm thick.

dfarr67

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is everyone using the rear drum hat parking brake? I have had a few issues and research shows alot of complaints- not sure if the complaints are a consumer issue (non maintenance) or a design issue, I'm currently using the existing driveline parking brake with the rear drums gutted. I don't think I can use them until I have had a chance to get the cables fabbed up.

davkenrem

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have my rear drums in but cables were the issue for me, not sure what or where to to go with them. I haven't gotten to them because I have other issue on the truck that need resolved first.

dfarr67

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the shoes and hardware are installed and floating around without making any noise?