13" NBS rear disc on 14 bolt SF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey guys i need some help. Im swapping a 14bolt into my 96 suburban. I want to upgrade the brakes as well as the leaf springs and other stuff. But Im only interested in the disc brakes. There are a lot a gray areas with doing this swap. I'm going to do a big write up when I'm all done for the future. Basically i have everything, except I don't know what bracket i need to mount the caliper to the axle. And i can't find the correct size rotor to go with the 2002 esclade rear caliper. Also don't know what pads to use.

Im buying everything new. so if anyone can help me out with some part numbers that would be awesome.

So far i Have the
2- calipers for a 2002 cadilac esclade #acdelco 172-1611
2- ebrake kits for a 2002 cadilac esclade #acdelco 179-2059
2- caliper brackets for a 2002 cadilac seclude #cardone 14-1127
4- brake caliper bolts #dorman 13898
2- Cutthroat4x4.com 60mm axle spacer

All info would be great.

97 silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys i need some help. Im swapping a 14bolt into my 96 suburban. I want to upgrade the brakes as well as the leaf springs and other stuff. But Im only interested in the disc brakes. There are a lot a gray areas with doing this swap. I'm going to do a big write up when I'm all done for the future. Basically i have everything, except I don't know what bracket i need to mount the caliper to the axle. And i can't find the correct size rotor to go with the 2002 esclade rear caliper. Also don't know what pads to use.

Im buying everything new. so if anyone can help me out with some part numbers that would be awesome.

So far i Have the
2- calipers for a 2002 cadilac esclade #acdelco 172-1611
2- ebrake kits for a 2002 cadilac esclade #acdelco 179-2059
2- caliper brackets for a 2002 cadilac seclude #cardone 14-1127
4- brake caliper bolts #dorman 13898
2- Cutthroat4x4.com 60mm axle spacer

All info would be great.

X2 on the info. Also are newer Cadillac parts the only one that will work or are they just the best thing to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Would this work with 8 lug hubs? Just find 8 lug rotors and the same calipers will work?

Reaction score
X2 on the info. Also are newer Cadillac parts the only one that will work or are they just the best thing to use.

well after more research and just buying a bunch of parts and hoping it works. i think i figured it out on my own. I had to buy the 20mm axle spacers from cutthroat4x4.com but I had to order 3 sets. and then im going to have to sandwich them together and tig weld it. I also had to purchase their weld on caliper bracket. which i plan on bolting to the spacer and then welding once i find a good mounting position. I will post up pictures and info once i receive all the parts and start piecing the puzzle together. I went with the 02 esclade calipers since they are dual piston and they are aluminum ribbed. (basically they look cool) and because this is going on a suburban which doesn't stop very well to begin with i figured the bigger the better.

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your on your own. haha my head hurts just from doing research on the 6 lug. lol

I had been researching all day until I saw this was for a 6 lug axle! Haha! There are complete conversion kits available but they are for the earlier style axle.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I believe there were P series trucks that had disc brakes in the rear stock-and were 8-lug.

97 silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well after more research and just buying a bunch of parts and hoping it works. i think i figured it out on my own. I had to buy the 20mm axle spacers from cutthroat4x4.com but I had to order 3 sets. and then im going to have to sandwich them together and tig weld it. I also had to purchase their weld on caliper bracket. which i plan on bolting to the spacer and then welding once i find a good mounting position. I will post up pictures and info once i receive all the parts and start piecing the puzzle together. I went with the 02 esclade calipers since they are dual piston and they are aluminum ribbed. (basically they look cool) and because this is going on a suburban which doesn't stop very well to begin with i figured the bigger the better.

I would defiantly like to see pictures! And a list of everything needed once you have it all figured out. I've done a good bit of research and it all still seems kinda choppy lol