12200411 PCM swap for 1996 to 2000 GMT400 trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alien2

Reaction score
Since we have a new 96 up Vortec subsection, I thought I would make a new post.

The 12200411 PCM can be installed into the 96 to 2000 GMT400 trucks simply by repining the PCM connector terminals. The wiring is slightly different between the 96, 97, and 98 to 2000 trucks. The 0411 PCM has a much faster processor than the Black Box PCM and has dual timing tables. There is also more support from the tuning software companies for the 0411. EFILive and HPTuners both offer "Custom Operating Systems" for the 0411 to support boost and or nitrous. The swap can be completed in about 2 1/2 hrs and is fairly easy to do. If anyone is interested in the swap just PM me your e-mail address and I will send you a copy. I will not post the files to the web.

Jeff
Hello Jeff https://www.gmt400.com/members/lextech.249/

Thank You for sharing these awesome posts for upgraing PCM
Can you please attach the files.
My email [email protected]

Thank You
John Lenertz

Eric1964

Reaction score

The 12200411 PCM can be installed into the 96 to 2000 GMT400 trucks simply by repining the PCM connector terminals. The wiring is slightly different between the 96, 97, and 98 to 2000 trucks. The 0411 PCM has a much faster processor than the Black Box PCM and has dual timing tables. There is also more support from the tuning software companies for the 0411. EFILive and HPTuners both offer "Custom Operating Systems" for the 0411 to support boost and or nitrous. The swap can be completed in about 2 1/2 hrs and is fairly easy to do. If anyone is interested in the swap just PM me your e-mail address and I will send you a copy. I will not post the files to the web.

Jeff

Jeff
Hello I have been directed to you for some information on a motor swap I'm doing . I don't know how to directly message you . I just joined to forum. Anyway I'm taking the 454 gen6 out of my 97 2500 burban and putting in a 8.1 out of a 2000 3500hd. I have the complete harness for both. What do I need to do for the body side ...obviously the 8.1 harness will work on the 8.1 but what am I expecting on this ? Body,fuel pump,etc... I expect the transmission would plug in off of the 8.1 loom they are both 4l80s. Just 2wd vs4wd. Any help would be appreciated !! Tia
Eric

Computerless

Reaction score

Jeff
Sir I have a not much more then a boat anchor here ! I could really use ur help ! [email protected]

BPR Speed

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to reach out to Lextech in a while? I'm looking to go the 0411 route but emails and PMs have not been fruitful. I'm looking to get the pin outs for a 96' L31 platform to the 02' Express Van and I'm willing to pay for the excel spread sheet. At this point I'm leaning towards researching the pin outs, cross referencing the circuits and diagrams until I come up with my own sheet. I believe this is do-able as I'm not worried about deciphering the circuits since my profession is heavily involved in repair and troubleshooting DC and AC circuits in the medical field. I'm just trying to save time while I tackle other projects at the house. Anyone have any insight? I'm looking to go 0411 PCM and install my marine intake before I go and remove the Whipple supercharger, whippletronics computer and start building for the future turbo set-up.

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't
Has anyone been able to reach out to Lextech in a while? I'm looking to go the 0411 route but emails and PMs have not been fruitful. I'm looking to get the pin outs for a 96' L31 platform to the 02' Express Van and I'm willing to pay for the excel spread sheet. At this point I'm leaning towards researching the pin outs, cross referencing the circuits and diagrams until I come up with my own sheet. I believe this is do-able as I'm not worried about deciphering the circuits since my profession is heavily involved in repair and troubleshooting DC and AC circuits in the medical field. I'm just trying to save time while I tackle other projects at the house. Anyone have any insight? I'm looking to go 0411 PCM and install my marine intake before I go and remove the Whipple supercharger, whippletronics computer and start building for the future turbo set-up.
I don't think he hits this forum much anymore.
I just got a pinout from him though, hit him up at his email: [email protected]

2000Ck3500

Reaction score

Jeff
I’m interested in the swap [email protected]

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a question about timing.
With the black box pcm i know how to set the cmp offset. Is it still the same for a 0411 swap?

BeXtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a question about timing.
With the black box pcm i know how to set the cmp offset. Is it still the same for a 0411 swap?
Yes, its the exact same. You will need to run wires from your PRNDL switch for N or P to rune a CASE learn or just short those wires to ground on the PCM side in order to run that procedure. Pin 32 and Pin 34 on Connector C1.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks
I have everything i need gathered up. Gonna do the swap this weekend. Hope i don't have too many problems.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok so first problem. Just started to unpin the used 0411 plugs that i bought from Blackbear and for some reason i don't understand there are no gaskets included with the plugs.
Think it would be ok to run without the gaskets till i can get some here next week?
I will not be getting wet at all im more worried about vibration.