12200411 PCM swap for 1996 to 2000 GMT400 trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Since we have a new 96 up Vortec subsection, I thought I would make a new post.

The 12200411 PCM can be installed into the 96 to 2000 GMT400 trucks simply by repining the PCM connector terminals. The wiring is slightly different between the 96, 97, and 98 to 2000 trucks. The 0411 PCM has a much faster processor than the Black Box PCM and has dual timing tables. There is also more support from the tuning software companies for the 0411. EFILive and HPTuners both offer "Custom Operating Systems" for the 0411 to support boost and or nitrous. The swap can be completed in about 2 1/2 hrs and is fairly easy to do. If anyone is interested in the swap just PM me your e-mail address and I will send you a copy. I will not post the files to the web.

Jeff
I'm looking for a repin sheet for my 99 Yukon. 5.7.
My email. [email protected]
Looking forward to any help and advice thanx

gilly327

Reaction score
This maybe a stupid question but how do you start a DM or PM on this site. Thanks

BeXtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was able to get in touch with him through the LS1tech site. I never received a response through this site

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was able to get in touch with him through the LS1tech site. I never received a response through this site
He replied to my pm. But I am now veering far off from basic 411 swap so just getting pinots of black ecm should be enough to get started.

Clay knight

Reaction score
Since we have a new 96 up Vortec subsection, I thought I would make a new post.

The 12200411 PCM can be installed into the 96 to 2000 GMT400 trucks simply by repining the PCM connector terminals. The wiring is slightly different between the 96, 97, and 98 to 2000 trucks. The 0411 PCM has a much faster processor than the Black Box PCM and has dual timing tables. There is also more support from the tuning software companies for the 0411. EFILive and HPTuners both offer "Custom Operating Systems" for the 0411 to support boost and or nitrous. The swap can be completed in about 2 1/2 hrs and is fairly easy to do. If anyone is interested in the swap just PM me your e-mail address and I will send you a copy. I will not post the files to the web.

Jeff
Hello I'm needing a repin sheet for a 1996 c1500 I am getting my computer from black bear performance my email is [email protected] I don't mind paying you if that's how you do it thank you in advance

Alexisobs95

Reaction score
Hi quick question hope someone answers it lol so I’m doing a 411 Pcm swap my question is can a regular programmer just program my Pcm and match my vin and will it start like Normal or what else do I have to do ? or does it have to be tuned ? Hope someone understands

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
What is meant by a "regular programmer"? At bare minimum you're going to have to get VATS disabled, and that's if the PCM is directly from an Express van with the 5.7. Otherwise you're looking at least at putting a base Express tune on it. Either way, you'll need someone with EFILive, HPTuners, or LSDroid + TunerPro to set it up before installation if you want it to work as soon as you're done with the repin. Then you'll need a scanner with bidirectional controls to do a crank relearn once you have it running.

Alexisobs95

Reaction score
What is meant by a "regular programmer"? At bare minimum you're going to have to get VATS disabled, and that's if the PCM is directly from an Express van with the 5.7. Otherwise you're looking at least at putting a base Express tune on it. Either way, you'll need someone with EFILive, HPTuners, or LSDroid + TunerPro to set it up before installation if you want it to work as soon as you're done with the repin. Then you'll need a scanner with bidirectional controls to do a crank relearn once you have it running.
So a local tuner or programmer cannot just tune it or program it when I’m done doing the repining ? It has to be those specific names you named ? Sorry I’m new to this

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
So a local tuner or programmer cannot just tune it or program it when I’m done doing the repining ? It has to be those specific names you named ? Sorry I’m new to this
I'm sure your local guy will be using one of those, so you can certainly get it done there - but if it's not tuned before the repin, you'll either need the tuner to come to you, or have the truck towed there to be tuned. The names I mentioned are just software/hardware packages that most tuners use.