12200411 PCM swap for 1996 to 2000 GMT400 trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mildphil

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I downloaded the app just out of curiosity. I'm not an expert in tuning by any means, so hopefully someone experienced with tuning will chime in. It seems like it should work fine since it supports the p01/411 pcm. If one is just flashing a bin file I feel lile the engine wouldn't matter as long as the the proper bin is used?

You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've heard of it, and been curious about it's capabilities. No experience, though.

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
As long as you follow the pin out to a T, you shouldn't have any issues. I had a few, but they were mistakes not caught by me that I'm pretty sure were pre-existing which explains a couple long term questions I've asked myself, as well a few things that were weird with the tune.
I'm not sure about the VIN stuff; I see different things on that; but I'm sure one of the more knowledgeable members can provide an answer on that.
The VIN can be changed to match, but only with EFI Live. HP Tuners checks the vin before allowing you to flash it so if it doesn't match the VIN combinations it has on file it won't let you flash it. The best you can do is change the VIN to appear like a 2002 Sierra/Silverado with a 5.7 vortec.

Mildphil

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've heard of it, and been curious about it's capabilities. No experience, though.
Based on my research lsdroid itself doesn't have the abilities to modify files, but can read and write just fine. It seems the guys using it use tuner pro to modify bins and then flash them with ls droid.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Still, even that gives the end user a lot more for free than HPT or EFIL does. I'm definitely going to look into it myself, as I only have two "included" credits left to my HPT, and since I intend to do an engine swap on my Sierra eventually, I'd rather continue using the same PCM and not have to spend more credits to get a file that actually works on it. This is intriguing.

Mildphil

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Still, even that gives the end user a lot more for free than HPT or EFIL does. I'm definitely going to look into it myself, as I only have two "included" credits left to my HPT, and since I intend to do an engine swap on my Sierra eventually, I'd rather continue using the same PCM and not have to spend more credits to get a file that actually works on it. This is intriguing.
I always like to use and promote open source software. I was turned off by the cost and confusion of using the big name tuner programs (still don't understand the credit or license thing), but this combination of open source tuning software could be great for the modding community and people who are interested in tuning. What I've also learned about LS droid and tuner pro, is one can change vins without any issue, and there are no restrictions to what one can do in their tuning (I believe with things like diesel tuning, the EPA has really forced the big tuners to lock down some features, open source stuff doesn't have this issue). I want to get a 411 pcm and begin tinkering when I get the chance, but anyone with the resources to try it now may be potentially influencing the way the people here get into tuning in a big way. Pretty cool stuff.

m002922

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe the guy on YouTube "Driveway Engineer" is starting to use LS Droid if you want to check out what he says about it. I find him to very knowledgeable, and he does all his stuff on a budget, so you're hearing a very economical way, if not the most economical way to do stuff.

(FWIW, I've also found Driveway Engineer's 4L80e information to be good, though I ended up also going with "transmissionbench.com" for his videos on the teardown and rebuild of the 4L80e - I've found him excellent if you need step-by-step-by-step - incredibly thorough.)

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I believe the guy on YouTube "Driveway Engineer" is starting to use LS Droid if you want to check out what he says about it. I find him to very knowledgeable, and he does all his stuff on a budget, so you're hearing a very economical way, if not the most economical way to do stuff.

(FWIW, I've also found Driveway Engineer's 4L80e information to be good, though I ended up also going with "transmissionbench.com" for his videos on the teardown and rebuild of the 4L80e - I've found him excellent if you need step-by-step-by-step - incredibly thorough.)
I know the guy personally. He's a good dude with solid info. He's also local to me. Big thumbs up for him from me. And I don't do anything LS.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk