12200411 PCM swap for 1996 to 2000 GMT400 trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ah ok, I understand the while k lock thing now, it's pretty much redundant due to the sensors. And my car is a 6 speed so would the torque management actually do anything? Is it even applicable to a manual car? Thanks for the wealth of knowledge BTW, this whole 411 swap/tune is very intriguing.
I'm not sure, never tuned a manual vehicle. I'll look at a tune for one when I get some time.

Black6spdZ

Reaction score
so my 0411 swap on my 2k Jimmy/Blazer went relatively smoothly.. cranked after the swap but wouldn't idle without giving it throttle until warm. I see there is some small differences in my MAF table that I need to swap over from the 99/2k BB tune. I am confused about the trans PRND wires though as my black box had them pinned and I just swapped over but it thinks it is in first all the time so maybe they don't go to the trans? Consequently I can't do a CASE learn until I either ground the P/N wires or I guess connect to the cluster wires?

Bob Mason

Reaction score
Since we have a new 96 up Vortec subsection, I thought I would make a new post.

The 12200411 PCM can be installed into the 96 to 2000 GMT400 trucks simply by repining the PCM connector terminals. The wiring is slightly different between the 96, 97, and 98 to 2000 trucks. The 0411 PCM has a much faster processor than the Black Box PCM and has dual timing tables. There is also more support from the tuning software companies for the 0411. EFILive and HPTuners both offer "Custom Operating Systems" for the 0411 to support boost and or nitrous. The swap can be completed in about 2 1/2 hrs and is fairly easy to do. If anyone is interested in the swap just PM me your e-mail address and I will send you a copy. I will not post the files to the web.

Jeff
Hi,I am a newbie,I have a 1997 Silverado need info and spreadsheets on using the 411 computer in my truc
Since we have a new 96 up Vortec subsection, I thought I would make a new post.

The 12200411 PCM can be installed into the 96 to 2000 GMT400 trucks simply by repining the PCM connector terminals. The wiring is slightly different between the 96, 97, and 98 to 2000 trucks. The 0411 PCM has a much faster processor than the Black Box PCM and has dual timing tables. There is also more support from the tuning software companies for the 0411. EFILive and HPTuners both offer "Custom Operating Systems" for the 0411 to support boost and or nitrous. The swap can be completed in about 2 1/2 hrs and is fairly easy to do. If anyone is interested in the swap just PM me your e-mail address and I will send you a copy. I will not post the files to the web.

Jeff
Hi Jeff,my name is Bob,I have a 97 Silverado I need the spreadsheets and info to do the swap please,I have the 5 plug blackbox currently,have installed a 383 stroker,once I get it wired up I will be getting with you about programming the modifications,if you are able to help,please let me know if you need more info,my email is [email protected],any charges I can do through PayPal,thank you I really appreciate you getting all this info together to help others out!My phone is 205 369 5075,if you need to call me for anything

ZRoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As someone with a bone stock 454, I recommend the 0411; you won't regret it. I need to do something to mine soon, it's starting to feel slow again. My fuel mileage stayed the same (10.5 MPG) but the truck has a noticeable amount of power, and I'm sure with enough work at a tune I could coax a little more out of it.

I can't comment on the 8.1 tune, @Christian Steffen or @Supercharged111 can speak on that.
Getting ready to finally do the 0411 swap to my 97 k2500 454 Suburban.

I have a local tuner lined up to flash it and put it on the dyno but since I'm doing the pin out at home I want to make sure he can get the time good enough to get me to his shop.
My second concern is the 4 low stuff. I am pretty sure this is his first 0411 swap though he has a tune of tuning knowledge on 0411 stock vehicles and other late model muscle cars.
Third concern and probably a mute point is the VIN code. Is that possible\necessary on these computers to make it match?
Any pointers I should know or pass along to him?
Thanks again, really appreciate the knowledge here.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I have a local tuner lined up to flash it and put it on the dyno but since I'm doing the pin out at home I want to make sure he can get the time good enough to get me to his shop.
My second concern is the 4 low stuff. I am pretty sure this is his first 0411 swap though he has a tune of tuning knowledge on 0411 stock vehicles and other late model muscle cars.
Third concern and probably a mute point is the VIN code. Is that possible\necessary on these computers to make it match?

As long as you follow the pin out to a T, you shouldn't have any issues. I had a few, but they were mistakes not caught by me that I'm pretty sure were pre-existing which explains a couple long term questions I've asked myself, as well a few things that were weird with the tune.
I'm not sure about the VIN stuff; I see different things on that; but I'm sure one of the more knowledgeable members can provide an answer on that.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I never tried to change the VIN, but I believe that the VIN from the GMT400 is not compatible with the OS used in the 0411, so they cannot be made to match. This is second hand information though, so maybe some research would be worthwhile.

Bowtiefresh

Reaction score
Anyone have a Stock 1998 Vortec 5.7 tune with an OS that allows for Trans Range Switch wiring to not be necessary (PRNDL Equipped able to select "none" - as in the 2003 Blazer OS I have - but isn't in any of the 1998 Vortec 5.7 Tunes I can find)? I would really prefer not have to splice and run 4 more wires.

Benster

Reaction score
Hello Lextech, can I get the 0411 pcm swap for a 1997 K1500 4L60E
and a 1998 2dr Tahoe 4x4 with 4L60E?

thank you

Mildphil

I'm Awesome
Reaction score