12200411 PCM swap for 1996 to 2000 GMT400 trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Cunningham

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On this coil on plug change. I was a hard core drag racer and still keep up with the latest trends........none of them have cop on their engines.

Crank trigger and a MSD box and one coil on the NA engines.

On the big turbo engines they are using mags

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Can also command more than ~45* of timing is you want/need to. Probably not all that useful but you no longer have that physical limitation.

I would find that very useful. I know my truck will do more than 38 degrees at 65mph cruising at low throttle without knocking, but any advance above 37-38, and it starts firing into the wrong cylinder. My Blazer 4.3 runs 39s, up to 42 even, at cruise without crossfiring so I know it's possible. My higher-advance spark table made a notable difference in the Blazer's highway mileage too. I can't wait to rebuild my Sierra 350 so I can do the COP mod. I already have most of the hardware laid out, and a tune file to match it lol.

Douglas1300

Reaction score
is anybody on here using hp tuners and willing to look over my tune for the 0411 swap? I have a 1999 K1500 suburban with a GMPP HT383E engine. I did the swap and double checked all the wiring and the truck wont start. I think it has to be either a problem with the tune or a hardware issue either with the pcm or something on the truck that happened during the swap. I have no spark at all. the truck ran with the black box, but it wont even think about starting after swap. I cant figure out what im over looking. if anybody is willing to help me out, I'll email you my file. thanks.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you don't get any replies, try gearhead EFI forum. Most of the folks there use TunerPro RT but there are others that use HPT also.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
That should do to shut VATS off, but iirc the 0411 VATS disables fuel, not spark.. so I don't think VATS is the problem. I can look over your file, will send PM with my email. Do you get fuel to the engine at all? If not, I'd look into the crank sensor wiring too - barring the ICM or coil failing (or the 0411 or tune of course), I can't think of anything else that would keep you from getting spark at all.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
is anybody on here using hp tuners and willing to look over my tune for the 0411 swap? I have a 1999 K1500 suburban with a GMPP HT383E engine. I did the swap and double checked all the wiring and the truck wont start. I think it has to be either a problem with the tune or a hardware issue either with the pcm or something on the truck that happened during the swap. I have no spark at all. the truck ran with the black box, but it wont even think about starting after swap. I cant figure out what im over looking. if anybody is willing to help me out, I'll email you my file. thanks.

I can check it out. [email protected]

Douglas1300

Reaction score
i'm getting fuel. I was thinking icm failure. my coil is new. I just need to test the icm to verify that's it. I hate throwing parts at problems.