12200411 PCM swap for 1996 to 2000 GMT400 trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

firestoness

Reaction score
hey all. I am interested in the spreadsheet/pinout for installing the 411 ecu in a 97 silverado 5.7. I've pm'd lextech, but in case he is no longer doing this, does anybody have the information available? I'm sure that I can figure it out by studying the 2 wiring diagrams, but if he has already done this, then that would certainly make the job a lot easier. I just cut the wiring harness, connectors and ecu out of an 01 express van 5.0. I'm not in a rush to do this job right away, but the sooner I get a spread sheet, the more likely I'll tackle the project since it will take a lot longer if I have to figure it out from scratch.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hey all. I am interested in the spreadsheet/pinout for installing the 411 ecu in a 97 silverado 5.7. I've pm'd lextech, but in case he is no longer doing this, does anybody have the information available? I'm sure that I can figure it out by studying the 2 wiring diagrams, but if he has already done this, then that would certainly make the job a lot easier. I just cut the wiring harness, connectors and ecu out of an 01 express van 5.0. I'm not in a rush to do this job right away, but the sooner I get a spread sheet, the more likely I'll tackle the project since it will take a lot longer if I have to figure it out from scratch.
pm lextech on ls1trucks.com He takes a bit to respond sometimes, so be patient.

firestoness

Reaction score
pm lextech on ls1trucks.com He takes a bit to respond sometimes, so be patient.
I have done that on ls1trucks and here. I will give it some time, just wanted to feel out if there were alternate avenues in case lextech was no longer doing it. I would also like to know what I'd need to tune the ecu after I'm done. can this be done with a snap on scanner? or must I buy another scan tool to do this?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would also like to know what I'd need to tune the ecu after I'm done. can this be done with a snap on scanner? or must I buy another scan tool to do this?

No handheld scanner is going to be able to custom tune an 0411 PCM. You're going to need to either take it to someone with tuning software like HPTuners or EFILive, or buy one of those two yourself and learn to use it. I believe Lextech still offers custom tuned 0411s for a fee with his swap pinouts.

Pedwards4570

Reaction score
Since we have a new 96 up Vortec subsection, I thought I would make a new post.

The 12200411 PCM can be installed into the 96 to 2000 GMT400 trucks simply by repining the PCM connector terminals. The wiring is slightly different between the 96, 97, and 98 to 2000 trucks. The 0411 PCM has a much faster processor than the Black Box PCM and has dual timing tables. There is also more support from the tuning software companies for the 0411. EFILive and HPTuners both offer "Custom Operating Systems" for the 0411 to support boost and or nitrous. The swap can be completed in about 2 1/2 hrs and is fairly easy to do. If anyone is interested in the swap just PM me your e-mail address and I will send you a copy. I will not post the files to the web.

Jeff
Interested