12200411 PCM swap for 1996 to 2000 GMT400 trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Since we have a new 96 up Vortec subsection, I thought I would make a new post.

The 12200411 PCM can be installed into the 96 to 2000 GMT400 trucks simply by repining the PCM connector terminals. The wiring is slightly different between the 96, 97, and 98 to 2000 trucks. The 0411 PCM has a much faster processor than the Black Box PCM and has dual timing tables. There is also more support from the tuning software companies for the 0411. EFILive and HPTuners both offer "Custom Operating Systems" for the 0411 to support boost and or nitrous. The swap can be completed in about 2 1/2 hrs and is fairly easy to do. If anyone is interested in the swap just PM me your e-mail address and I will send you a copy. I will not post the files to the web.

Jeff
hello Jeff i have a 1997 silverado 5.7 4wd and it want to do the 0411 swap can you provide me the pin out sheet for that vehicle it would be great thanks i appreciate your time. [email protected]

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Guys...

As mentioned previously, if you need to get in touch with Lextech make an account on LS1Truck.com and PM him. I did last night and when I woke up today he had already emailed me back.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Quick question guys, I did the 0411 swap a few years ago and everything went well. But recently, I have been getting misfires counts on a random cylinders. 4 is the worse. Due to the firing order being different between the GEN 3 and GEN 1 engines, do I really have a misfire on 4 or is it really 7? I wired the PCM per Lextechs sheets. If it matters, I get most of the misfires on 4 per EFI Live but there has been a handful on 7 as well. Its enough to unlock the converter which is annoying and it only happens at 2K RPM. Its really weird.

GEN 1 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2
GEN 3 1-8-7-2-6-5-4-3

Acdelco32aa

Reaction score
Guys...

As mentioned previously, if you need to get in touch with Lextech make an account on LS1Truck.com and PM him. I did last night and when I woke up today he had already emailed me back.
Hello, trying to join ls1truck but i must be stupid because i cant properly answer their random question! What is the most popular make or model truck on their site? How am i supposed to know that. Tried chevy and gmc. Anyone know the answer? I need info from lextech!

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello, trying to join ls1truck but i must be stupid because i cant properly answer their random question! What is the most popular make or model truck on their site? How am i supposed to know that. Tried chevy and gmc. Anyone know the answer? I need info from lextech!
Try using a capital C and doing Chevrolet.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am needing one for a 97 k1500 5.7 4l60E, with cruise and a/c

Guys...

homeslice

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
96 chevy SBSC with L31R

I just got my flash/tune from Blackbear, and am trying to install thru OBDII port using an Autocal. I keep getting a $0281 error code when trying to load the tune to 0411 ecm. BB says that is a communication error code, and could be issue with OBDII port wiring or ignition wiring. The ignition seems to work properly, and truck turns over just does not start. The OBD port is powering my autocal.

I've verified my cig lighter is operational, pulled the AM radio fuse (and radio batt fuse), and I double and triple checked the wiring diagram I received from Lextech. Still getting the error code.

The only strange wire I was left with from the repin was a blk/wht jumper wire. It was from the blackbox C3-18 and C4-12 pin slots. My wiring diagram says that C3-18 goes to C2-1(0411) & C4-12 goes to C240 (0411). I've tried wiring the ground jumper to C2-1 and C2-40, tried it without the ground jumper in those pin slots, and tried with C2-1 & C2-40 spliced in with the ground C1-1 connector. Still getting the 0281 code.

Does anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks,
Mike