120 MPH Cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97K1500Silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi all. I have a 1997 k1500 ECSB. see YouTube link in my signature if you want to see videos of it.

I’ve purchased 2 Denali / Tahoe limited 120mph clusters and both are off on the rpm and Speedo. Rpm reads high, my scan tool and old cluster says 2k rpm while the new cluster reads 2.4 / 2.5k. Speedo on my original cluster is dead on but new clusters are only accurate until 25mph or so then are way off like reading 60 when I’m doing 75. Again my scan tool is accurate and my original cluster.

So in the end I popped off the needles for rpm and speedo, pushed the rpm when truck was at 2.5k on scan tool. Did same thing, scan tool read speed at 70mph and I put needle on at 70 mph.

Now only issues are the rpm reads low from idle to 1.5k but is accurate higher up in rpm like 2 - 3.5k is accurate but it reads a bit high at 4k - 5k my scan tools says 3.8k - 4.8k.

Speedo reads a bit low 10 when I’m doing 13-14 and 25 when I’m doing 27-28 but dead on 60 - 80mph or within 1-2 mph of gps.
Kind of odd both 120mph clusters act the same but my original cluster was correct all gauges.

If I try and set rpm correct at idle and speed correct at 10mph then they are both off higher in the gauge readings.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: