11.5 NBS Axle Swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To my knowledge the disc brake 14bolta all came on 2002-up vehicles which have a different frame design and width. There are no common direct bolt on factory disc brake axles from gm/aam. Please, please prove me wrong.

I am putting an 11.5” aam under my ‘97 k2500. The aam axle leaf perch width is roughly 2” total wider than the factory 9.5”SF 14 bolt it came with. I got generic leaf perches from ruff stuff to fit the axle tube diameter of this monster and will burn them in later in the year

I think it was the 2500HD that came out in 2001? Different frames and likely different leaf perches and shock mount is what I thought compared to the GMT400? And that's consistent with what you found. I've looked into this as well, but not deep into it.

What I would like to know is a comparison of Wheel Mounting Surface (WMS) between the 2? On the GMT400, the rear wheel width is narrower than the front, which I think is not the case on the 2500HDs? Seems like it would not be that difficult of a swap if it involves relocating the spring perches (and shock mounts?) to gain discs rear and a wider axle?

I don't think there would be any difference between the HD2500 10.5/11.5 as far as a swap? Let us know how the swap goes...