10 bolt to 14 bolt swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
I can never keep the RPOs straight in my head, but the 8.5, 6 lug 9.5, 8 lug 9.5, SRW 10.5, and DRW 10.5 all use different wheel cylinders. IIRC the 8.5 has a bigger cylinder than the 6 lug 9.5, and there is interchangeability to put bigger cylinders onto said 6 lug 9.5. .I believe there is a thread dedicated to this already somewhere
I have a few threads saved to reference when I get to do this swap... there are threads dedicated to everything, lol. I love this place.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The combination valve is not "in" the ABS unit, but it may be bolted directly to the outside of the ABS unit.

The RWAL on my '88 has a separate combo valve. My '97 has the combo valve bolted to the back of the ABS unit.

There's a video on Youtube that's been posted on this site, where the guy claims to "bleed his ABS" by poking a tool against a button hidden under a rubber cover "on the ABS unit". In fact, he's bleeding the holdoff/metering valve portion of the combo valve.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The combination valve is not "in" the ABS unit, but it may be bolted directly to the outside of the ABS unit.

The RWAL on my '88 has a separate combo valve. My '97 has the combo valve bolted to the back of the ABS unit.

There's a video on Youtube that's been posted on this site, where the guy claims to "bleed his ABS" by poking a tool against a button hidden under a rubber cover "on the ABS unit". In fact, he's bleeding the holdoff/metering valve portion of the combo valve.

Found it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Right?