10 Bolt Disc Brake Adapter for 11" Drum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cunningham Machine

Preferred Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These disc brake brackets for the 10 bolt with 11" Drums. The way our setup works is we send you out the brackets (and hardware if you opt for it) and a parts list. Everything on our parts list is all super easy stuff to get from a local parts house or rockauto (rockauto always having the 5% discount code). Its all direct bolt on. No axle removal required. The 11" Drum does require a spacer between the bracket and the axle flange. The last time I priced the entire setup was around $400 total for NON parking brake. and around $500 WITH parking brake. The difference being the price in the calipers.

A few things about these setups to note. Some of the aftermarket axles seals are huge. They hang way over the axle. We have had a few that rub that and required trimming the excess seal down ( super easily done with a file or something similar). We have had a few issues with aftermarket lockers. Apparently some of them move the C-Clip location just ever so slightly and it makes everything a little tight and needs a little shimming. This has been few and far between though.

The later model suburbans are a really strange rear-end. We do have some with them on it, but it needs a special spacer with it. If this is something you have get with me and I can find the write up the customer did.

A big debate we often see is the actual extra stopping power added with these conversions. It is minimal. We had a customer that used to have a nice YouTube video on before and after. With no real good way to test it other than seeing how many feet shorter he stopped. It was around 20ft sooner, but we all know there are lots of variables that can go into that. The big advantage of the disc brake swap is the ease of working on them. We all know drums brakes can be a real PITA. Its also a visual thing. People (myself included) hate the way drums look so they would rather see a disc brake behind a nice aftermarket wheel. I have had these brackets on my person truck for roughly 10 years. They have taken a serious beating and never gave me any issue. I have trapped over 150 MPH in the 1/4 many many times and never failed to stop or felt unsafe ( and i have mustang II brakes up front with a heavy truck).

Links below are for the NON parking brake and PARKING brake brackets for the 11" DRUM ONLY.

Last edited:

PM18S4

Reaction score
I just replaced the shoes, drums, and all the springs, on my 99 Suburban and I swear I will never mess with drums ever again so long as I can help it.
So it may be a ways in the future, but I have a handful of questions for the Adapters:
Can the stock parking brake cables be reused or do your adapters need custom length ones?
Which caliper/rotor do you recommend or have seen to work best with your adapters?
Could you give more detail on the strangeness of the late model Suburban? (I'm guesses it has something to do with the fact they used the 8.5" 10-bolt diffs with the JB6 brakes that were more meant for the 9.5" 14-bolts)

Cunningham Machine

Preferred Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The parking brake cable seems to be hit or miss if they have enough adjustment left in them, but for the most part it seems they work.

Rotor is either for impala SS if 5 lug or 90 k1500 front if 6 lug.

The suburbans do not seem to have a good reason of why they all have different spacing. We can make it work, but sometimes needs a different spacer, no spacer, less spacer, and so fourth.