0411 swap L29, now no idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ralmo94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
some of the tables, the inside the graph numbers are way different then most of the tunes I see. But the 3d graph looks close. Does that matter?
You would need to be more specific about your question, pictures speak volumes.

ralmo94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How do I go about getting the stock BB tune file,
If you have HP, just login HP tuners website, and you can view the repository. There are plenty of stock l29 files on there. Just download one, and see if it has the same os number as your black box, if not download another. Then when you find one that matches, open your file from your truck, and load the downloaded one under the compare option. Everything that is different will be highlighted.

Wheeler454

Reaction score
If you have HP, just login HP tuners website, and you can view the repository. There are plenty of stock l29 files on there. Just download one, and see if it has the same os number as your black box, if not download another. Then when you find one that matches, open your file from your truck, and load the downloaded one under the compare option. Everything that is different will be highlighted.
Sorry for the delay in response, I decided to dive into the front suspension of the truck first. So now there is nothing under the front end. But quick question, when you say the OS number, that would be what I should of got of the BB before the swap correct? If so this is were I might of jumped the gun a tad. I did the swap before I purchased HP, there fore I do not have a way to read the BB now.... Did I screw up?

ralmo94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In that case, it doesn't really matter as long as you get a stock file from a similar truck, everything you need should be there. The main things you need adjustment for are injector data, displacement ( size per cylinder) and timing. MAF should be fine, VE table needs to be logged and tuned. Displacement needs to be correct, if you are using stock l29 injectors, it should be close enough with the stock l31 tunes I have plotted out. Otherwise easiest thing to do is get LS injectors and a stock file from HP repository that used the same injectors and copy and paste.

If you don't have any knock retard, I wouldn't mess with timing yet.

Are you running closed loop?
What have you done so far?

Wheeler454

Reaction score
In that case, it doesn't really matter as long as you get a stock file from a similar truck, everything you need should be there. The main things you need adjustment for are injector data, displacement ( size per cylinder) and timing. MAF should be fine, VE table needs to be logged and tuned. Displacement needs to be correct, if you are using stock l29 injectors, it should be close enough with the stock l31 tunes I have plotted out. Otherwise easiest thing to do is get LS injectors and a stock file from HP repository that used the same injectors and copy and paste.

If you don't have any knock retard, I wouldn't mess with timing yet.

Are you running closed loop?
What have you done so far?
I haven't done anything yet. It's bone stock l29. The only thing I have done is change to the 0411 before I hadHP tuners. I had lextech do a pre tune to the 0411 before install. And I have never used HP ordone any tuning before. I am as about as new as they get.

ralmo94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I haven't done anything yet. It's bone stock l29. The only thing I have done is change to the 0411 before I hadHP tuners. I had lextech do a pre tune to the 0411 before install. And I have never used HP ordone any tuning before. I am as about as new as they get.
I don't know what lextech does for a base tune, but I would start by verifying the cylinder volume is correct, for a 7.4L 7.4/8= 0.925.