0411 computer after market e-fan control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris Knudson

Reaction score
Ok I am guessing this has been beaten to death already but I can't find it
I have a 97 k3500 BB that is 0411 swapped and I bought the Be-Cool radiator module with dual electric fans and three relays one for each fan and one to engage the fans with the the A/c. I wired them according to the Be-Cool instructions with there supplied temp sensor control switch. Except I put the switch in the cylinder head. Yes I know they don't cycle properly with it there. That is why I'm trying to figure out how to have the computer control them. The other problem I'm running into is with the A/c relay spliced into the A/c clutch wiring the fans cycle when the defroster is on
Yes the computer is programmed to control the fans I had my tuner enable that function knowing I want to do at some point

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So for the PCM to control the fans, just wire the relay triggers to the PCM. IF the tune is correct, everything will work like a factory truck.
For the 3 relays it should be a Series-Parallel setup. So you have High and Low fan speed controls along with AC controls.

You dont need their supplied temp sensor either. Factory coolant temp sensor reports to the PCM.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Relay #1 trigger wire goes to Pin 42 on Blue Connector
Relay #2&3 trigger wire goes to Pin 33 on Red Connector.

Had mine wired like this on my 2002 truck and everything worked great.

You must be registered for see images attach

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There shouldnt be a pin in either of the pin locations that you need.
Just take the connectors off the pcm, remove the red / blue cover (small clips on each end to release the covers) and push a pin in that location.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can I wire Flexalite 280 to 411 PCM if have fans enabled? https://www.summitracing.com/parts/flx-116521
If you do not already own the Flexalite 280s I would not even consider them. Then again I would keep the clutch fan and shroud personally.

If you have a 28" radiator core, get a pair of replacement fans for a LS1 Camaro or a 3.5L Altima/Maxima fans. The Nissan fans move really good CFM and are cheap. The Nissan 4 wire motors are also simple to wire, even simpler than the dual speed GM fan wiring method. The Nissan fan motors have 4 wires on them. Find the correct combination of wires and you have low-speed and high speed off two relays. Apply power and ground to one pair of wires and you get low speed. Apply power to both sets of power and ground wires and you get high speed. I wired my Nissan fans on my old 83 G20 van in parallel, one speed to each relay. If you have a 34" wide radiator core get fans for a NNBS or later model Ford F150. I will say the Ford fans draw some serious amperage though. Upwards of 60amps for the pair and the startup in-draw is over 100 amps, but they are more compact and move more airflow than the GM fans do albeit noisier. I have considered trying them on the van to see if I can finally make an electric fan setup keep it cool. The Motorcraft fan assembly is only about $150 on Rockauto.

Last edited: