04 Suburban 2500 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the bumper bolted down. I had to cut a little of the mounting bracket for it to sit closer to the truck, as well as drill new holes for the bolts. Installed the LED pods I previously had on the old bumper. I'm going do do led fogs too, just not sure how the bracket that came with the bumper goes on.
You must be registered for see images attach

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Spent half the morning yesterday taking it to an offroad shop for alignment and balance. Hit a mud hole on the side of the road on the way home. This thing is a beast. It powered right through it in 2wd.
Next thing on the list to get done is to have both driveshafts re-done. Rear and front extended.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's another muddy photo for fun, and a cool shot I got this past weekend.
No other updates, as I have switched to working on my Land Cruiser for now.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Called up Tom Woods driveshaft yesterday and put an order in for a rear shaft. This should be of correct length now and should have little to no vibations.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The joys of driving a super lifted truck. When someone rear ends you, your trailer hitch receiver only gets a scratch. Some kid got me at a stop sign, claimed he wasn't paying attention. His car was beat up anyway, so he said its all good. He owned up to his mistake, and we went our ways. His hood though...lol. He's lucky i didn't have a drop hitch on. Or he would have been waiting for a tow.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Was bored, had some fun today. Except for when i went to get lunch, noticed tranny fluid all over the Right front suspension and on ground. Looks like my lower fitting for the trans line is loose or rusted out. Couldn't tell for sure. I wonder if there are upgrades for a trans cooler. My rig always gets up to 200 pretty quick.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the driveshaft in today after work. I wanted to go out for a drive and see how it is, so i attempted to fix the leaking trans to radiator line fitting. New fitting on, still leaked a bit, but not as bad. I think that the flared end on the actual line is bad. I'm going to see about replacing the line, or maybe putting a different type of fitting if it's possible to do so.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So long overdue update. The truck almost burned down. The wire to the bose subwoofer under the console somehow shorted out and it ended with me having to take a power washer to the area. That left me with a soggy carpet and a ruined sub. I ended up ripping out the wet area of the carpet and removing the seats (which did not get wet) and the console.
Around the same time, the truck wouldn't start. It was driving crappy that morning (surging, backfiring etc). I put on a new alternator and she came back to life, but the battery was shot. Ordered a new battery that i'm gonna throw in this evening. If she runs, great. I have a habit at throwing parts at things. It was also due for a tune up. So that's next on the list.
I have a love hate relationship with the thing. The other day i wanted to rip it apart and sell the parts...lol. Guess i'll just fix her up.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
So long overdue update. The truck almost burned down. The wire to the bose subwoofer under the console somehow shorted out and it ended with me having to take a power washer to the area. That left me with a soggy carpet and a ruined sub. I ended up ripping out the wet area of the carpet and removing the seats (which did not get wet) and the console.
Around the same time, the truck wouldn't start. It was driving crappy that morning (surging, backfiring etc). I put on a new alternator and she came back to life, but the battery was shot. Ordered a new battery that i'm gonna throw in this evening. If she runs, great. I have a habit at throwing parts at things. It was also due for a tune up. So that's next on the list.
I have a love hate relationship with the thing. The other day i wanted to rip it apart and sell the parts...lol. Guess i'll just fix her up.
I can relate! I think we all love our vehicles until we have to do unplanned repairs on them....both of my trucks have given me some gray hairs for sure.