04 Suburban 2500 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sold my Blazer, and picked up my first GMT-800 Burb. Already forgot, but has 226k give or take. The frame is excellent, and body is pretty fair, however I forsee rockers in the future. Could use some body work here and there, but nothing crazy. The interior is good, probaly going to re-do the seats. Went to work with the carpet machine and got the carpets cleaned, however it could use a second pass.
The plans for this one are to go BIG. Not going to be a crazy rock crawler, but something fun that i've always wanted to do.

Plans (In no order what so ever):

-PY0 wheels and 285's for now until I lift it.
-12" Bulletproof Suspension lift
-42" Iroks on 18" wheels
-Ranch Hand front and rear bumpers
-New lighting all around
-Sound system
-Cowl hood
-Re gear if needed
-Exhaust

The headlights, and tail lights are going to be the first to be changed. Along with removing the running boards.

You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Ranch Hand is good stuff. Made in Shiner, Texas, and their company actually employs more people than the brewery does! They're a division of Kaspar Wire Works, that started out making newspaper dispensers, wire baskets and shopping carts,over a hundred years ago.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ranch Hand is good stuff. Made in Shiner, Texas, and their company actually employs more people than the brewery does! They're a division of Kaspar Wire Works, that started out making newspaper dispensers, wire baskets and shopping carts,over a hundred years ago.
Yeah they make some pretty beefy stuff. The bumper I am looking at is actually for an 03-07 silverado, however if the mounts don't line up I will have custom brackets fabbed up.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got it registered this morning. The only thing I had to do was add some coolant, since the heat was low. I got a code for mass air flow sensor too the other day, so I picked up a new one from the store and put it in. Runs smooth now.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice! I daily drive an '06 LT version of this. Mine has the 6.0/4.10/2wd.

I also brought an '04 same everything, but 4x4 that needs a little love. It's a project on that one.

You are going to fall in love with that truck!

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sold the wheels and tires off it, but didn't have enough availible jack stands to use, so I put on the 20x10s I had in the garage. They fit but can barely turn without rubbing. I don't really want to start trimming things, so I won't be driving it with them on. Picked up some PY0 wheels tonight with some tiny 245's. I am going to put on some agressive looking 285s.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh yeah, the smoked headlights came in the other day. The mount on the passenger side was cracked though, so I need to call about getting a replacement. Looks so much better.