04 Suburban 2500 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Now it needs 315s with it being that tall, lol. Looks a lot better now without those black wheels and yellowed headlights.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finished the body lift, and dropped the truck off at the shop for valve cover gaskets, and oil pan gasket. Should have it by this coming week. Next step is to drive it, and enjoy it! I plan on getting the Bulletproof lift and the 41"s soon, once I free up some funds. But body work and paint will probably come before that...or maybe not. Easier to work standing up then crouching down..lol!

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got around to getting my sound back this past weekend. Connecting and soldering wires back together, connecting new speakers etc. Ran out of time, still need to do the rears.
You must be registered for see images attach

Also brought what i am 99% sure is my old cowl hood off another truck that I sold a few years back. Going to have it painted in a few weeks.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you figure out your wiring deal from the Bose amp? I removed my center console on my 06 and you know that Bose amp is down there. Anyway, I didn't have sound for a few weeks. I finally bought an aftermarket stereo, but I had to figure out how to jump the wires on that big harness connector from the low level to the high level. That was a nightmare. I used butt connectors and all jumper wires are blue now...not as bad as the job they had done on yours, LOL.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you figure out your wiring deal from the Bose amp? I removed my center console on my 06 and you know that Bose amp is down there. Anyway, I didn't have sound for a few weeks. I finally bought an aftermarket stereo, but I had to figure out how to jump the wires on that big harness connector from the low level to the high level. That was a nightmare. I used butt connectors and all jumper wires are blue now...not as bad as the job they had done on yours, LOL.
All the wiring was in place for the amp, luckily. No problems with it. I made sure the harness was plugged into the head unit. The problem originally was all the wiring from the aftermarket amp that was added was routed to each individual speaker. There is one harness in the dash that I connected for the Bose amp. It will only work if plugged in, as my other amp and sub was only working before.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally found tan cloth seats I was looking for, so now everything matches in the interior.

As for the cowl hood, i should be picking it up this evening from the paint guy...hopefully. He's had it 3 weeks....not impressed at all, especially for a job that should only take a few days. Will not be using him again, that's for sure.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally got my hood back. Guy did a terrible job, aa well as taking a month to do so....no use in having him re-do it as i am not going to use him again ever. Put it on anyway, however i think it needs to be adjusted as the hood doesnt sit flush with the top of the fenders.

Also fixed 2 dents that were on the rear lower panels. I also inspected the rusty rockers and sure enough i poked some holes. Guess i'll be replacing rockers this summer.

Attachments

• 20220319_092436.jpg
    20220319_092436.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 3

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ended up pulling the connectors out of the wires when running the bundle of wires though the firewall. Not wanting to deal with what seemed like 20ft of wire and fixing the switch, I decided that I am going to remove the harness all together and wire the pods to the OEM fog light wiring which is a purple and black wire. The pods came with pigtails and plugs so i don't need to hack up a whole harness.