“While I’m in there” dash swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94K3500PROJECT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m about to dash swap my 94 K3500 dash/heat/AC/column/everything in my 93K3500 cab (stripped shell)

The 94 has functioning everything and low miles but also 28 years old. What would I be looking to do to make this for a one and done swap job?

Gaskets, seals or any modifications to make the heat/ac function “better” interests me

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m about to dash swap my 94 K3500 dash/heat/AC/column/everything in my 93K3500 cab (stripped shell)

The 94 has functioning everything and low miles but also 28 years old. What would I be looking to do to make this for a one and done swap job?

Gaskets, seals or any modifications to make the heat/ac function “better” interests me
Be sure you retain your 1994 controls for the A/C since it is compatible with the additional speed selections. 1993 is not.

Richard

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

im not mechanical or electrical engineer, but if you were to take the blower off the shaft and machine down the shaft from 5/16, to 1/4. it should produce more cfm in the system, but i dont know the ratings of the motor to know what kind of power consumption changes would make, it might be to much current for the motor, its just a thought ive had, need to find a junkyard blower and test