“Floating Screen” without cutting dash?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

any4xx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just buy a second bezel?

I cut a mint Escalade bezel for mine, and I’m about to paint it, so you ain’t gonna get any static from me.
Yeah… I’m nutty enough to do just that. I’m not sure what mental illness I have but I HATE cutting, drilling, or otherwise molesting a factory panel on any vehicle. I’ve seen OEM bezels on the auction site and I’m inclined to scoop one up.

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a tough call. At times I think, as long as they drop a piano on it, I can use my plastic model skills, or aviation tricks to get good fit. I can imagine some of these people work like everything will fit with a hammer. Or they treat stuff like a 800 pound gorilla.
I'm with you on the " should I, or shouldn't I" . And yeah stuff has arrived broken. But Amazon made it good, so kinda stupid to get twisted about.
So I am filling a parts box to do the double D's in the 98 4 Dr Tahoe. Once I get it together that's a Saturday filled.
Good luck, send us photos to " ooh and ahh " over.

This is why I rarely trust amazon reviews. I've seen some of the stupid **** people complain about and the average skill level of someone installing something like this is gonna be pretty low.

Onizukachan

Great Teacher
Reaction score
Yeah… I’m nutty enough to do just that. I’m not sure what mental illness I have but I HATE cutting, drilling, or otherwise molesting a factory panel on any vehicle. I’ve seen OEM bezels on the auction site and I’m inclined to scoop one up.
That’s exactly what I did. found one that was good cosmetically and included all the the switches and pigtails so I got the fog switch I needed “free” out of the deal too.