“Duramax fan”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tayto

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Duramax fan is similarly sized to the TBSS 6.0L fan. The fan bolt pattern is the same between the TBSS and Duramax. The 6.0L severe duty clutch threads on a Vortec water pump. Not sure what clutch someone would use to marry it to the TBIs 4 stud arrangement.
I spent some significant time trying to find one that would work without modding and no luck. I settled on the plastic 11 blade discussed above.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And this fan blade bolts to the factory fan clutch in a 5.7? I’m thinking about going back a mechanical fan.
Not sure what clutch someone would use to marry it to the TBIs 4 stud arrangement.
Yes, the 11 blade fan from the 98 C1500 bolts right up to the TBI clutch in my 88. I don't remember what clutch it has (I think it's HD) but has been working fine for months now. At least it got me through the desert summer with no issues. I don't know about fluid dynamics involved in spinning the fan but, I wouldn't think you can hurt it with the little bit of added resistance from the 11 blade fan, we'll see.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The standard fan mount is a 3.25" bolt circle. The Duramax and TBSS use a 3.81" bolt circle.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
The standard fan mount is a 3.25" bolt circle. The duramax and TBSS use a 3.81" bolt circle.

Exactly. Its a larger bolt circle. 3.81" vs 3.25".

I see. I thought you were talking about the 4-stud pattern to the water pump. I assumed the blade bolt pattern was the same. I'm not familair with the TBSS.... or the Durmax other than looking at one or two forsale.