“CrewCad” Resto /Newstalgia 95 c3500 454 CCLB Dually thread.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Onizukachan

Great Teacher
Reaction score
Some updates. Got new repop OEM style mirrors installed to replace the gigantor tow mirrors. They look sporty on this size truck while still having good visibility IMO Vs the street scene. They are power and heated if I ever get a power harness/retrofit kit.

I changed the fogs to amber HID but they weren’t reliable (1-2 days then a bulb would quit or blow up) so I switched to switchback LED. Less light output but I mostly use them as DRL.

You must be registered for see images attach

Also got my new pioneer stereo installed, new Escalade cluster and Escalade surround and factory fog switch. Since the slats were broken off the defroster on the left hand side, that’s where I fit the XM antenna.

and a hint about what is up next is the center console, once I get the second power bucket seat bracket in the mail, I can remove the bench mount and adapt the front buckets to them, clearing the floor for the center console to be correctly mounted.

and Friday I finally got it to pass inspection, and registered and plates purchased. Now just 2-3 weeks for them to arrive.

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I like the plate!

What fogs are you using?
Any vehicle that's 25 years old or older, in Texas you can get the "classic auto" or "classic truck" plates for no additional fees unless you want a personalized plate. Then it'll be a few more bux....
I'm going to get the classic truck plates for Rawhide when I get him re registered and titled. You have to have an appointment at the title registration office, it's across town, and even with an appointment it's an all day wait. So I haven't done that yet but it's in the planning to get handled soon.

Onizukachan

Great Teacher
Reaction score
Cheap ones from eBay, they are cool white/ amber switchbacks, though I mostly like them on amber, it’s nice to have the option. these (probably aftermarket) Esky fogs are so diffuse that even the hids didn’t put out much usable light,the LED low beams totally annihilate them

I also did green bulb condoms /gel caps on the ac module and headlight switch bulbs, and savannah knob conversion on both, rebuilt the headlight switch with the best parts from the Escalade one and original one. And replaced the blower control switch to get speed 3 back.

ok amd I fixed the loose relay contact that was stopping the ac compressor from coming on. may seem insane to be worry about that the first week of January, but truth is It’s already needed from late mornin till late afternoon. Lows are 30s, but highs all day are in the mid 60s.

And I did the hi-4 mod and polished the lenses. All in all nothing that is “oh wow” but all very personally satisfying and make driving it a lot more aesthetically pleasing to me.

oh and I pulled out literally yards of wires that did nothin* and went no where. Some of them were even lamp cord!

Onizukachan

Great Teacher
Reaction score
Did I mention I ran totally new camera wiring and installed a new pioneer rear camera? Did a few mods to the pioneer bracket so when the plate is up I can flip the camera back down 90 degrees and still use it for backing up.
sorry no pics unless someone is interested in it.

I also installed a new front camera in the bumper.
(Boyo vtk301hd)
It helps when pulling forwards into a parking spot to get as close as I can.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Onizukachan

Great Teacher
Reaction score
Well I tried my hand at upholstery on some junk mirror sunvisors I got out of a 99 Denali.
they were grey and the fabric was literally falling apart, not just the backing,but the fabric itself was shredding, so I ripped it all off, disassembled them completely and sprayed them with the duplicolor tan (it’s too yellow but I can live with it for now and it was available locally).

I couldn’t find any upholstery fabric that was even close to the same saddle brown as my current headliner (it’s been redone by PO or PPO) but at hobby lobby, I found this suede-ish fabric that had a layer of bonded “fluff” fabric on the reverse side… which could be peeled off where necessary and was a much better match color wise. The ones in there weren’t even the same material nor color, were a completely different tone of tannish beige.

used my cardboard backs which were in remarkably good shape and traced out a pattern adding and extra 3/4” around amd cut it out, then peeled back the fluff an inch and trimmed it.
this is where I made the mistake that later would bit me in the posterior. I trimmed it to fit the mirror opening on the cardboard…

not remembering or realizing that the cardboard opening is larger than the size of the mirror… so once finished when I went to go install the mirror back on I had a huge gap around it.

ah well, I’ll get another yard tomorrow and, having learned my lesson, simply not cut the mirror opening until i have the mirror pressed in. this way I can cut as little as possible.

but having sun visors that actually stay up is the ultimate goal since I don’t have power connections in the roof to be able to use the lights. And the work truck ones have no spring loading or clip… they are literally just a friction fit tube So on every big bump, they fall down. these won’t and they are going to be so plush and nice feeling when I’m done.