“CrewCad” Resto /Newstalgia 95 c3500 454 CCLB Dually thread.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Onizukachan

Great Teacher
Reaction score
My factory 40/20/40 split rear seat reclines each side independently.
I have several esky consoles in various states of repair, shoot me a PM if you have interest and we'll work something out.

will do once I find seats, I think I’m going to try a town and country front console first since local and cheap.

Onizukachan

Great Teacher
Reaction score
It got down to the 30s yesterday,amd I was driving it around to warm it up…. and guess whose truck apparently doesn’t have a thermostat in it?

cnat find an actual ac delco at a parts store, so any recommendation on what parts store unit is ok to use amd whic are gonna f in 2 months?

I already know to test on the stove in pot of water before bothering to install any of them So you don’t install a prefailed unit and have to do it twice.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve never had issues with MotoRad thermostats. They offer a regular and a “safety” version that locks open if it fails if that’s something you’re interested in.

Onizukachan

Great Teacher
Reaction score
Got thermostat replaced yesterday, had to go buy a deep well 14mm but otherwise was a very simple job.

also got the new air cleaner installed. It’s tight on clearance to firewall and wiper motor but it clears.
The pvc nipple is much larger so some adapting was required,
I used Dorman 46001 as a press fit inside and offset the base to opposite side to allow for extra length.

what I need is either the 70s offset caddie carb stud, or finish threading the shaft and cut off excess length to have it be “complete”.

You must be registered for see images attach

also a pic of my Christmas grill wreath my wife made for it.

more parts arriving today So maybe I can get some things done on Sunday.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Got thermostat replaced yesterday, had to go buy a deep well 14mm but otherwise was a very simple job.

also got the new air cleaner installed. It’s tight on clearance to firewall and wiper motor but it clears.
The pvc nipple is much larger so some adapting was required,
I used Dorman 46001 as a press fit inside and offset the base to opposite side to allow for extra length.

what I need is either the 70s offset caddie carb stud, or finish threading the shaft and cut off excess length to have it be “complete”.

also a pic of my Christmas grill wreath my wife made for it.

more parts arriving today So maybe I can get some things done on Sunday.
Looks great! That vintage Cadillac style air cleaner needs some pinstriping on it to be fully complete imo.....too bad you're on the other side of our huge state or we could get together on that!

Onizukachan

Great Teacher
Reaction score
Thanks. One day when this thing gets painted, I plan to get it body color and then do some classic One shot pinstriping on it.

got the new headlight switch out of the esky surround, pulled the knob and cut it down to fit an (eBay) savanna knob on it. ScrewEd up and cut the shaft too short to where it just broke, so I had to go grab the original headlight switch, do my test fitting and cutting of the shaft on that one, then swap the now modded shaft into the new headlight switch body and mechanism.. The old one was faded and had issues with dome light override and the interior dome on not working.
All that works now.
came real close to adding a small white led to light up the savanna knob itself but decided not to push my luck… for now.

Alex, my 16 year old that works on cars with me suggested last week we do RGB led dome lights instead of the cool whites it came with…so I ordered some on Amazon This week to have them while he was here.

we just installed those and they are a riot. Even more so was doing it with him, I did the front one and he installed the rear, then we set them to slow changing colors. He got a kick out of it so they’re staying as a result.

I think he wants some for his Mini Cooper now. Lol.
sorry no pics tonight but jobs only half done, and I’m not a fan of taking pics with panels hanging half loose. Just didn’t see the point in snapping everything tightly up just to take it apart tomorrow again during lunch break.

Onizukachan

Great Teacher
Reaction score
Just to provide an update, the late 60s 70s Caddy air cleaner stud was exactly the right size an shape to get the air cleaner clamped down with the supplied “rocket” wingnut.
unlike the spectre one commonly used for tbi air cleaner swaps, this is a 90 and a 90 turn ( vs specters 45 and 45) and probably is about 2 inches shorter In overall height. But they are also around 15-20 used on flea bay Instead of $8.

seems a little poetic that to use 56 air cleaner on a 95 truck, you have to split the difference with a 70’s caddy quadrajet air cleaner stud.

edit. With pics.

showing clearance to the firewall and wiper motor.
it’s close enough you have to install the filter with it already inside the top, ie hold it in there with a couple of fingers, while tilting the top down at the rear.
with the minimal cleanrance at top of firewall , you can’t put it on the base and then put the top over it. once on though, plenty of room behind it

Hope this helps someone in the future!

Last edited: