“CrewCad” Resto /Newstalgia 95 c3500 454 CCLB Dually thread.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Even if you're not driving, it's a lot harder to get good pix out the window that you think it is! I miss a lot of cool trucks and cars on the road, between vehicle speed(mine and theirs), road roughness, and just getting the camera app open on my phone!

Onizukachan

Great Teacher
Reaction score
Yup that's what we do too! 21 feet of truck is a bit much for most parking spaces.... The other CCLB owners on here warned me, when we got the truck!
Although I have to say, it is nimble for its size!
Nimble? It takes 6 lanes to make a U turn.

although the time I did hang the tail out turning right off a stop sign cause it was freezing cold a month ago… it was very controllable on the throttle while “dorifto”. Just have to remember it’s a lot of mass on a long lever and not let it come back in too fast.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Nimble? It takes 6 lanes to make a U turn.

although the time I did hang the tail out turning right off a stop sign cause it was freezing cold a month ago… it was very controllable on the throttle while “dorifto”. Just have to remember it’s a lot of mass on a long lever and not let it come back in too fast.

It goes both ways, slow to initiate and slow to recover. That's a lot of real estate to cover getting sideways and back straight again. Plus the mass of the duallies kind of dampen the inputs a bit too.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
It goes both ways, slow to initiate and slow to recover. That's a lot of real estate to cover getting sideways and back straight again. Plus the mass of the duallies kind of dampen the inputs a bit too.
It takes 4 lanes to turn the crew cab around, but since it's SRW that probably helps! Down the freeway from us, is a series of twisty curves, three lanes wide. People in newer cars and trucks like to take these pretty fast. One of our first trips on this in the big truck, Mom was trying to keep up with traffic/keep from getting run over, and got into the throttle a little much. The back end of the truck tried to change lanes(we had no load in it). No harm done, but we didn't do that again!

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
It takes 4 lanes to turn the crew cab around, but since it's SRW that probably helps! Down the freeway from us, is a series of twisty curves, three lanes wide. People in newer cars and trucks like to take these pretty fast. One of our first trips on this in the big truck, Mom was trying to keep up with traffic/keep from getting run over, and got into the throttle a little much. The back end of the truck tried to change lanes(we had no load in it). No harm done, but we didn't do that again!

Have you had to do a 3 point turn to get into a car wash yet? Or been forced to run over the curb to squeeze through a Taco Bell drive thru?

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Have you had to do a 3 point turn to get into a car wash yet? Or been forced to run over the curb to squeeze through a Taco Bell drive thru?
We've only tried it in two drive thrus, the others we've taken the Burb in, and it barely fits. The majority of drive thrus in Houston are not big/wide enough, even with a "standard" full size truck like the Burb. Many of the buildings and lots aren't designed for modern large vehicles, especially if they predate the latest couple of road widenings....
Best practice is to find a pull through space, or diagonally take two.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Yes we have hopped curbs in the big truck, haven't taken it in a car wash yet. As mentioned previously, I try to stay away from small drive thrus...."gotta know your limitations...."

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Took it to the shop to get the o2 sensor out… took 4 acetylene / quench cycles but eventually it came out.

yes, it was the original o2 from 1995.

here’s hoping I can now get better than 4 mpg.

also funny pic,walmart has wider and deeper spots, but most places i Take two spots diagonally when I park out of courtesy to others, not to be a pompous @$$.

this is why.

You must be registered for see images attach

Yup that's what we do too! 21 feet of truck is a bit much for most parking spaces.... The other CCLB owners on here warned me, when we got the truck!
Although I have to say, it is nimble for its size!
The 3500hd is 23' long currently. The crew cab and different flatbed will actually shorten it to around 22'. When it is complete I plan to put a small sticker on the back that says "identifies as a compact" and park wherever the F I want.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The 3500hd is 23' long currently. The crew cab and different flatbed will actually shorten it to around 22'. When it is complete I plan to put a small sticker on the back that says "identifies as a compact" and park wherever the F I want.

While not the dually (Envoy), it was still satisfying to park here.

Thatlowchevy

How’d I get inside this tube?!?!
Reaction score
I used to purposely park like a dick in small spaces in Stillwater because people don’t pay attention. My old CCSB “Karma” felt like a monster truck in that town. Oh how I regret selling her