“CrewCad” Resto /Newstalgia 95 c3500 454 CCLB Dually thread.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What I’d really like but no one yet makes is a side swing license plate…

Though the ultimate solution would probably be a flush mount camera in the pan and a reciever mount plate holder.
The one issue none of those solve is when you're towing, your plate isn't viewable in a normal fashion so you're inviting attention from any bored cop. I did get pulled over in ATL (once) when pulling a trailer with my '94 because he thought I didn't have a plate on at all.

When I moved from FL back to TX I knew I was gonna get eyeballed, pulling a Harley chopper on the trailer behind me on a 1200+ mile trip, so I temporarily mounted the plate (and tag light) at the top edge of the bed's header panel.

You must be registered for see images attach

Well the joke was on me, I guess, as I only made it about 700 miles to Louisiana before the 4L60E crapped out (at about 160K miles) -

buddy came from Corpus Christi with his Cummins Ram and a tow bar ready-bolted to a junk bumper, I already had my bumper popped off and ready when he showed up.

Then the exciting dead-tired 500+ mile remainder of the journey with over 50 feet worth of vehicles rolling down the highway. Felt like the Brownsville border express..

Richard

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The one issue none of those solve is when you're towing, your plate isn't viewable in a normal fashion so you're inviting attention from any bored cop. I did get pulled over in ATL (once) when pulling a trailer with my '94 because he thought I didn't have a plate on at all.

When I moved from FL back to TX I knew I was gonna get eyeballed, pulling a Harley chopper on the trailer behind me on a 1200+ mile trip, so I temporarily mounted the plate (and tag light) at the top edge of the bed's header panel.

Well the joke was on me, I guess, as I only made it about 700 miles to Louisiana before the 4L60E crapped out (at about 160K miles) -

buddy came from Corpus Christi with his Cummins Ram and a tow bar ready-bolted to a junk bumper, I already had my bumper popped off and ready when he showed up.

Then the exciting dead-tired 500+ mile remainder of the journey with over 50 feet worth of vehicles rolling down the highway. Felt like the Brownsville border express..

Richard

At least that assembly was able to get down the road at speed, not like the azzhats that like to towbar 3 cars behind a minivan balls out at 45mph down the busy interstate headed for the border. What a f'n mess.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The one issue none of those solve is when you're towing, your plate isn't viewable in a normal fashion so you're inviting attention from any bored cop.

Simple fix, move to Missouri. :lol:

Rear plates not required on anything one ton or above. My dad's '06 3500 has never had one.

Onizukachan

Great Teacher
Reaction score
Took it to the shop to get the o2 sensor out… took 4 acetylene / quench cycles but eventually it came out.

yes, it was the original o2 from 1995.

here’s hoping I can now get better than 4 mpg.

also funny pic,walmart has wider and deeper spots, but most places i Take two spots diagonally when I park out of courtesy to others, not to be a pompous @$$.

this is why.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Took it to the shop to get the o2 sensor out… took 4 acetylene / quench cycles but eventually it came out.

also funny pic,walmart has wider and deeper spots, but most places i Take two spots diagonally when I park out of courtesy to others, not to be a pompous @$$.

this is why.

Yup that's what we do too! 21 feet of truck is a bit much for most parking spaces.... The other CCLB owners on here warned me, when we got the truck!
Although I have to say, it is nimble for its size!

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score

this is why.

Next time that happens just unplug the O2 until you can get it replaced. Mine went from 3.5mpg loaded back to its 5-5.5mpg loaded once when I unplugged a failing O2 and knocked it back into open loop.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
At least that assembly was able to get down the road at speed, not like the azzhats that like to towbar 3 cars behind a minivan balls out at 45mph down the busy interstate headed for the border. What a f'n mess.
I live near an auto auction yard, some of the rolling circuses I see almost make me sick to my stomach; last one I saw was a semi tractor piggy backing another truck hooked to a step-deck trailer, a two dump trucks loaded back to back on the trailer, and what looked to be an E350 van in the bed of both trucks.

And they were in the left lane passing people.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I live near an auto auction yard, some of the rolling circuses I see almost make me sick to my stomach; last one I saw was a semi tractor piggy backing another truck hooked to a step-deck trailer, a two dump trucks loaded back to back on the trailer, and what looked to be an E350 van in the bed of both trucks.

And they were in the left lane passing people.

And you didn't even bother to get a pic?! The fact that he's passing people is the icing on the cake!

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And you didn't even bother to get a pic?! The fact that he's passing people is the icing on the cake!
I was driving and by the time I asked my wife to get her phone out to snap a pic he was long gone.
I swear I need to invest in dash cams in every vehicle I have. One of these days I'm going to go sit by the on ramp for I-85 just to see what abominations come rolling out of that auction yard.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I was driving and by the time I asked my wife to get her phone out to snap a pic he was long gone.
I swear I need to invest in dash cams in every vehicle I have. One of these days I'm going to go sit by the on ramp for I-85 just to see what abominations come rolling out of that auction yard.

Was he going so fast you couldn't catch him? I say this like I haven't missed some whoppers in my day.