“CrewCad” Resto /Newstalgia 95 c3500 454 CCLB Dually thread.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Onizukachan

Great Teacher
Reaction score
@Supercharged111 Yep, it’s an interesting mix (mutt?).
Was a plain Jane no power nothing W/T, then from what I understand, it went to a conversion company, that’s where the red paint, current seats and the wood veneer handle surrounds (and wood grain rear jump/console trim) came from, which when mixed with the Escalade surround and Denali console I added actually wound up tying things together thematically imo. Then obviously sometime after 99 it got Esky clipped and all the handles and stake pockets shaved and the black added to make it two tone.

I originally planned to convert to power windows, but frankly i like the current door panels, and the old school simplicity and reliability of crank windows. After all, it’s too big for drive thru so I never need to roll them up and down!

I would love to do a nicer chrome or billet crank handle IF I ever find any that have the right “vibe”. Maybe something vintage Buick/Caddy? If you have any creative ideas I welcome them!

Onizukachan

Great Teacher
Reaction score
Bought a used slot ported prefab off marketplace for $40 and converted it to sealed with an insert (green) just so I could test out the Idq12 Last night.

0.9 cubes, so within spec but not the 1.8 I would like to have.
its Super clean. My most favorite sub ever. No punch no attack no ‘it thumps’. Just clean effortless bass. I have it set to play 63 on down and turned my denali console sub down a bit and raised the subsonic filter so it blends In better as well.

will need to pull it and recarpet it to black this weekend now that I know it works satisfactorily.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
IIRC my 88 crank window Silverado trim truck had chrome handles. Pretty sure that's the only Silverado I ever saw without electric windows.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
IIRC my 88 crank window Silverado trim truck had chrome handles. Pretty sure that's the only Silverado I ever saw without electric windows.
I've had a few as parts trucks and seen a few recently for sale. 90-94 nice Silverado cloth door panels, seats, carpet.. and crank windows. It's an odd mix!

Richard