‘97 0411 swap mounting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97SWBCHEVY

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m sure there is a post or two out there but I did a quick scroll through and didn’t catch one…
well atleast not one other than to just leave it sitting in the same spot where the black box was mounted…
Just curious to see if anyone came up with a good but basic way of mounting/securing them without having to do any real fabricating etc…oh and that look cool as well…lol
By all means send pics if ya wanna show em off!
Thanks,
Shane

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I was under the impression that it fit in the stock location, or maybe the newer bracket gets used too? I think some people have painted the 0411 black so that it looks stock. Maybe you could try polishing it? Most of the threads I've seen are more focused on the wiring.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you can find one, a factory equipped 8.1L 3500HD came with the 0411. But those are damn near unobtanium.
Mine's been free floating for about 3 and a half years, I was trying to come up with some kind of tie down but just never got around to it.
I think you can trim down the case a little for the factory retainer ring to fit?

JeremyNH

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used a piece of angle aluminum from a big box store and a grinder to fab up some hold down clips to hold the 411 secure in the OBD2 bracket. I had to hand file out some plastic in the bracket as well since there were a few ridges that prevented the the 411 from bottoming out. But it looks factory, is held as secure as the black box was, and is removeable should I ever need to. Took about an hour and cost about $3.

Attachments

• IMG_0069.JPG
    IMG_0069.JPG
    371.2 KB · Views: 38
Last edited: