‘95 K1500 transfer case SEEMINGLY not working?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think the best price I saw was on Amazon. Or when I upgrade the 93's thermal to electric, I'll probably just copy the 95's setup, build the wire harness myself when I order the actuator motor.
Good luck.

any4xx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for your help. This morning I finally got around to installing the newer stepper-motor-type actuator and Dorman 600-600 adapter harness. Installation was relatively straightforward with only one wire being tapped into the three-pin transfer case plug.

Now my truck goes in and out of 4WD properly with actual movement of the front wheels!!!

Hopefully the title shows up in the mail in the next few days so I can finally take it out on the road to discover whatever driving issues await me.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I installed the Posi-lock cable assy many years ago in my '88 1500. It was adjusted correctly the first-time and still works to this day. I love it for the exact reason as was described earlier. 2wd low range!
For the little winter plowing I did before I upgraded vehicles, I'd leave the front axle connected, and floor shift into 2wd, drive to the next driveway, throw the floor lever and have instant 4x4 again. No waiting, even for later model electric worm gear activation.
4x4 Posi-lock: best operating front actuator ever!

any4xx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I installed the Posi-lock cable assy many years ago in my '88 1500. It was adjusted correctly the first-time and still works to this day. I love it for the exact reason as was described earlier. 2wd low range!
For the little winter plowing I did before I upgraded vehicles, I'd leave the front axle connected, and floor shift into 2wd, drive to the next driveway, throw the floor lever and have instant 4x4 again. No waiting, even for later model electric worm gear activation.
4x4 Posi-lock: best operating front actuator ever!
When I first discovered that my front axle wasn’t engaging I started researching and decided that the Posi-Lock was my answer. I posted up the question here and got some great information. Had I ever encountered a situation in my almost fifty years of driving wherein I’d have had the want for 2-Lo I’d have been all over this actuator. But in scanning my dusty brain files I found that topic to be missing so I opted for the stepper motor actuator.

BUT… I agree that it is a really cool system and certainly warrants consideration.