‘78 C10 Big Ten

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caspian

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I bought this from a friend/co-worker. It’s a ‘78 C10 Big Ten, 350, TH350, 12 Bolt, some kid had it and cracked the engine that was in it. I bought it and yanked the engine out, it was a 1 piece main seal block, roller cam ready, had a brand new rotating assembly in it, pistons didn’t even have carbon on them, had a roller cam, the crappy smog 882/624 heads, it cracked on both sides of the block. My dad wound up letting a dude take it for scrap.. I told him I was gonna use it to build another SB with that rotating assembly and he forgot. Oh well

I wound up buying a good used 350, it too had smog heads but was complete intake to oil pan, so I got a damned wild hair and went to pull a part, found a 99 Burb in there that had what I wanted, 062 Vortecs. Started pulling head bolts and lo and behold, every one of them had freaking Teflon still on them. The valves had minimal carbon build up and the heads were clean, someone had them redone shortly before this burb wound up in the yard.

I walked out paying $20 a head for them, and bought a few other things I’m forgetting right now lol. I spent the rest of that weekend bolting on the new heads, redoing the rest of the gaskets, new timing set, finishing up the accessories on it. Had to stab the engine without an intake, I’m fixing to move and haven’t found an intake locally and don’t want to order one yet cause of the move. Not too mention the Cherokee nation still hasn’t sent my title yet lol.

So as it stands, it’s bolted back in, I gotta go to my buddy’s old place and get the driver side exhaust to this truck so I can get that bolted up. Then I’ll only have the intake and distributor to do and I’ll be ready to try to fire. I’ve already got plans for a digital dash from Intellitronix for it. I bought a hardly used 750cfm Edelbrock for it yesterday for $50.