‘00 K2500 7.4 Replacement CV Joints/Axles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97SWBCHEVY

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Posting for a friend…he is curious to know if there are any aftermarket replacement cv joints that are better than the factory OEM? He’s done the cheaper made in China route and he hasn’t much of a good experience…
Thanks In Advance,
Shane

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
If he saved the originals, I'd try to get them rebuilt/rebooted. There are people here that have rebooted their own CV shafts, themselves, too.

Maybe try these guys? https://www.cvsource.com/

I've never used them, but I found the site through one of the forums I'm on.... don't recall which one.

I've got one leaking original on my truck, and one new Chinese replacement, that's already been replaced once before becasue the boot didn't hold.

Kens1990K2500

One Piece At A Time
Reaction score
I know this is a few months after the original post, but I am in the middle of rebuilding my front end. The boots on my CV axles were torn and slinging grease around, although they weren't making any noise. Anyway, I just sent my axles (which were original to the truck) to CV Source, Inc. to be rebuilt/serviced. The owner, Jon, was super cool to deal with, and promptly answered all my questions via email. I wasn't sure if my axles were original or aftermarket (they can't rebuild aftermarket, a/k/a Chineseium ones), so I sent him pictures, and he confirmed they were the originals. Weighing in at 50 pounds, they weren't cheap to ship (I live about 900 miles north of Georgia, where CV Source is located), so I wanted to make sure they were originals.

I packaged them with plenty of cardboard padding, and received them back in just seven days, so turnaround time is very good. Paid over the phone with a credit card.

Jon said the aftermarket axles, besides being non-rebuildable, are not as heavily built. He said if you hit the aftermarket axles with even a light hammer blow, it will leave a dent mark, whereas it won't make a dent in the OEM axles.

-Ken

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know this is a few months after the original post, but I am in the middle of rebuilding my front end. The boots on my CV axles were torn and slinging grease around, although they weren't making any noise. Anyway, I just sent my axles (which were original to the truck) to CV Source, Inc. to be rebuilt/serviced. The owner, Jon, was super cool to deal with, and promptly answered all my questions via email. I wasn't sure if my axles were original or aftermarket (they can't rebuild aftermarket, a/k/a Chineseium ones), so I sent him pictures, and he confirmed they were the originals. Weighing in at 50 pounds, they weren't cheap to ship (I live about 900 miles north of Georgia, where CV Source is located), so I wanted to make sure they were originals.

I packaged them with plenty of cardboard padding, and received them back in just seven days, so turnaround time is very good. Paid over the phone with a credit card.

Jon said the aftermarket axles, besides being non-rebuildable, are not as heavily built. He said if you hit the aftermarket axles with even a light hammer blow, it will leave a dent mark, whereas it won't make a dent in the OEM axles.

-Ken
Do you know what they actually did to rebuild them? New internals? Or just a new boot and grease?

Kens1990K2500

One Piece At A Time
Reaction score
Do you know what they actually did to rebuild them? New internals? Or just a new boot and grease?
Whatever was needed to restore them, although I didn't ask for details. He did say mine were in better condition than most axles he has received. He has excellent reviews, I trust the dude's judgement and work ethic.