Zone Body Lift Warning!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Don't make the same mistake I did. Just got my Performance Accessories 3" BL from summit to replace the Zone kit I ordered which had missing parts. All I can say is WOW, performance Accessories is superior quality and construction in comparison to Zone. The zone bumper brackets look like a toddler welded them and are just sprayed gloss black. The performance Accessories brackets have nice clean welds and are powder coated flat black. The lift blocks from PA are denser and appear to be better constructed. Granted my zone kit was missing parts, but a lot of small things seem different and better in this PA kit. The PA box came factory sealed with all hardware organized and some red lock tight. I am impressed with PA and will never buy any Zone products again. Its for sure worth the extra $10 for the PA kit.

Just wanted to share my thoughts and opinions on these brands for people considering buying either.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
Ill keep this in mind. thanks for the heads up. I plan on buying one in the next few months!

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
No problem! I am glad I got the chance to look at both kits closely. I also recommend ordering from summit over eBay. Summit has never failed me whereas I have had a couple issues with eBay purchases.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
As you can see here the construction is inferior. The PA bracket (flat) has room for bumper adjustment for a cleaner fit. The zone is not adjustable and the nuts are already tack welded on. The Zone welds are ground down more than just flush and are not welded on both sides.
You must be registered for see images attach

And what is up with this gap in the corner of the zone bracket? That's just lack of craftsmanship if you as me.

See how Zone is not welded on the inside as well. I could go on forever but I think I proved my point.

Last edited:

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got pics of the blocks? Also a pic of a weld "ground down more than just flush"

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll agree on the blocks. Not the brackets though. That just looks like to hot of a weld with too much penetration at the end if the bead. That's not from grinding. Either way I was just curious

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like I said i was just curious. I wasn't trying to pick apart your thread. If it was ground down, you wouldn't see those "waves" in the beginning of the weld, or the crater wouldn't look so "smooth" i guess